facebook

How preffing works

by:    

If I pref one house over the other how likely am I to get it?

Posted By: B
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

You have about a 70% chance of getting your #1. It all depends how high you are on their bid list before they reach quota, but bid matching is the one round where pnm's ranks really have some weight.

By: chances are good

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
by: B   

I’m pretty nervous because I know a lot of people also preffing the same chapter so I’m hoping my pref helps me.

By: B
by: B   

And what if I’m unsure about how high I am on there bid list?

By: B
by: ^   

You don't sound like you are actually going through rush because you're saying things no real pnm would say. Pretend time is over now, bye.

By: ^
#2by:    

My question is if I SIP instead, am I less likely to get my #1? SIP penalizes you because you don’t move up the ranking when others above you go to their #1 picks…right? If I had ranked both I would move up

By: SIP
by: nope   

Not at all. Nothing can change your ranking on a sorority's bid list. If you are high enough on their bid list to match with them before they reach quota you get that bid. If you are not high enough and you SIP, you are out of the process at that point and will not get a bid.

If you had ranked your second house, what would have happened is that when you didn't match with #1, the process would have looked at your #2 to see if you were high enough on their bid list to match with them before they reached quota and you would have got that bid. If you were not high enough to match with them either, you would have been placed as a Quota Addition, which tends to try to place you with your #1 if at all possible.

By: nope

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.