facebook

SIP or drop after pref?

by:    

If you are invited to two houses for pref round - one house you would love to accept a bid from and one you know you're not a fit for - what's the best thing to do (to leave the door open for COB, snap bid, spring rush, etc)? I know that 3 of the houses I'm meeting in round 3 aren't for me, so I want to think about this just in case. (I've not ranked/dropped all three every round.) I wouldn't want to accept a bid that could go to another woman, so is single intentional pref the right decision in this case? I also wonder if there's any way for me to avoid this happening or not really.

Posted By: gg
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

So what you are referring to is called Suicide Bidding, and its when you only put one house on your pref card. Now, if you only put one house and you are not high enough on that house's list than you will be released from recruitment before bid-day and not eligible for a snap bid (I believe).

You can still COB or do spring COB but let me first ask- whats the reason you do not like these 3 houses? If its because they are lower tiered houses than it is likely they will be the ones performing COB.

Houses like Gphi, AOII, Alpha Gam, SDT generally all do COB. Higher tier houses normally do not and do not do spring (except some houses may specifically reach out to certain pnms.)

Now if you put both houses than you are committed to either of those houses for a one-year period and cannot rush again for one year even if you drop out pre-initiation.

My advice to you is to remember that you have only seen a handful of girls in each chapter and each chapter has 150-250 girls. You are more than likely to find people you click with if you stick with it.

If its a matter of suicide bidding so you do not get a "bottom house", those are the houses likely doing COB anyways.

By: Suicide Bidding

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
by: Good luck    

You actually are still eligible for snap or cob if you suicide and don't get the bid.

By: Good luck
#2by:    

Yes, you don't put down a house at all. You are saying you won't accept a bid from either of those two houses. That is dropping out, yes.

By: Good luck
#3by:    

But if you leave your card blank, is there something else that could happen other than you get no bids from either? I'm wondering why you wouldn't just withdraw before bid day

By: ok

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.