facebook

Why would I not be invited back

by: pmn

Is it normal to be dropped by all 12 houses I put as 1s on the first selections. i think all my convos went well and i fit the general vibe of the chapters People say its not personal but I feel like I wouldve had to do something pretty bad to be dropped from all of them.

Posted By: pmn
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by:    

Don’t be discouraged. Give the houses that did invite you back a chance.

By: …
#2  by: grades   

it was most likely your gpa or something on your social media

By: grades
#3  by: pnmm   

what kinds of things on social media besides the obvious (drinking, too many swimsuit pics)? I assume by GPA you mean like under a 3.2 unweighted HS GPA?

By: pnmm
#4  by: It's okay   

Sororities don't really look for who to cut. I know that is how pnm's see it but it's not that way, they are actually focused on who to keep. All discussions, rankings, and votings are pretty business-like and positive.

For each round, every chapter is given their absolute limit of the number they can invite back, and these numbers determine their invitation lists. They rank their pnm's and then the process matches their list with that number of pnm's, accounting for the pnm's ranks when possible. When they match with their invitation limit the rest of the pnm's are simply released.

So when you are dropped it's just because you were below that cutoff, not because they targeted you to vote you out. Not making their cutoff doesn't mean they didn't like you. Sororities like many more girls each round than they can ask back, and stronger recruiting chapters, the ones that more pnm's like, are very limited in their assigned numbers. It's all numbers-based and not a personal judgement.

Hope this helps.

By: It's okay
by: BetsAug 21, 2024 9:05:50 PM

OK I don’t understand “assigned numbers”. Why are some sororities limited in the numbers that can invite back? Are those sororities in trouble of some kind?

By: Bets
by: It's okayAug 21, 2024 10:49:42 PM

No, they are "stronger recruiting chapters" as stated.
Every chapter is given the number to invite back each round based on their recruiting strength, called 'return rates,' from the past few years. This helps every chapter hit the right number from round to round so the most pnm's possible end up getting bids at the end.

Stronger recruiting chapters' return rates are high, meaning a high percentage of pnm's will choose to return to them (rank the house as #1) every round. These chapters can count on getting back just about everyone they invite or close to it, so it doesn't take many invitations before they hit their number. Therefore these chapters are more limited in the numbers they can invite back.

Chapters with lower return rates invite back more pnm's to help them hit their numbers. They have a higher limit because of pnm's ranking them lower, and maybe even being dropped from some pnm's schedules if the pnm is able to have that choice.

So every house has their invitation cut off, some can have more back and others can have less depending on how their recruiting percentages run. And it is all percentage-based, so if there are more pnm's rushing, more will be invited back to each house proportionately. And there are adjustments made all the time depending on how many pnm's stay in the process.

By: It's okay

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.