facebook

invitations for fall rush

by:    

If yall could be brutally honest, it would really help.

But my question is why do some girls get invited back to more houses than others? Like for example, I think if I remember correctly, the first selection is you can get a max of 12 chapters back. Why do some girls max out the invites and others only get like 3?

Also what would yall say is the average invites back for each selection? if that makes sense.

Long story short, does the amount of invites someone gets back a reflection of how well they’re cut out to “fit into a sorority”? Should I care if I only get a few back?

Posted By: Peaches
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

No the amount doesn’t necessarily matter. For example, I got back 12 but 5 were the houses I tried to drop. So, it really only matters what you think of the houses by the end of the week- I dropped a house first round and that ended up being the one that I chose by 2nd round (and suicide bidded) and now I’m in it and love it. So even if you got back 2 houses second round, maybe that’s where you’re meant to be:)

By: Rush chair
#2by:    

Gpa (mainly sophomore or junior because incoming freshman have amazing gpas to even get in FSU) , leadership roles in high school (a few sororities cut if you didn’t have an executive position in a club or honor society) , reputation in high school (whether it is true or not). And truthfully some girls unfortunately will go into recruitment only wanting 3 certain sororities and will be extra rude to get cut by the ones they don’t want.

By: Tbh
#3by:    

Don't take cuts personally, especially the early ones, because it is a numbers game and doesn't mean a sorority didn't like you, or found you lacking somehow, or that the members wouldn't want to be friends with you. It's just that the cutoff line is tighter for certain sororities. Don't compare yourself to how many invitations the other pnm's say they are getting back and just remember: ALL IT TAKES IS ONE.

The way it actually works:
Each sorority is given the absolute maximum number of pnm's they can invite back each round. The numbers are different for each sorority and are based on historical data from the previous few years' recruitments. The stronger recruiting sororities, meaning the ones that are consistently higher each year on the pnm's ranking cards, are the ones that are limited to fewer pnm's each round because they can count on higher pnm return rates. Sororities with lower return rates must invite larger numbers each round. This ensures equity among the chapters for quota and more pnm's getting bids. It is all based on percentages, not hard numbers, and is adjusted each round, so the more pnm's staying in the process means the actual number of invitations is larger.

The releases are huge in the early rounds from the sororities that are more limited, so those pnm's that make that cutoff get more invitations back simply because they get those plus invitations from the other houses that are inviting back more. And BTW it is not common to get 12 back, or the max for each round. Only the top pnm's with stellar grades, looks, great conversations and connections in the sororities will have that experience. Most pnm's get half the max amount back on average, but it has nothing to do with "fit into a sorority". Each sorority is looking for something a little different in vibe so "fit" is not a one size fits all. And about those 'rude' pnm's mentioned in another comment - getting yourself dropped from certain houses does NOTHING to get you invited back to others, that is just not how it works, and it will actually backfire and you'll have a bad rush.

Hope this helps.

By: Numbers
by: Why?   

Why don’t the fraternities have the same system as Panhellenic? As you say, it’s equitable. Some fraternities are huge, more than 200 members? Other fraternities are tiny and can’t seem to get members.

By: Why?
#4by:    

Because boys are too competitive to care about equity and too disjointed to get it together nationally and learn from each other. The NPC is organized and proactive and that is why all 26 national sororities are thriving. There are some schools that follow a bit more formalized fraternity rush process, like UVA, but nothing nearly like sororities.

By: Because

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.