facebook

I rlly need advice here...

by: so

Hey guys, I'm wondering if I could get advice on how to proceed with this. my sorority is nice and I feel like I'd like to connect with the girls more, the only problem is I kinda feel like an outcast bc first semester i struggled alot with mental health and barely went to any of the meetings/occassional chapter meetings/meals, second semester I tried to fixed things and started off strong but around march I was feeling v overwhelmed and depressed because I hated my roomate and dorm and didn't have energy to do things. I just feel like at this point for next year it would be awkward to try to reconnect or too late to restore bonds and everyone in the sorority would view me as the girl who never went last year whic is a shame bc I felt like there was such potential, a lot of the girls were very nice and had great personalities but I feel like i was starting to get the cold shoulder once i stopped attending meetings. idrk what to do at this point whether to drop or just show up better for next year, I feel like Ive ruined my chances to make friends here :/

Posted By: so
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: You can do it!   

If they are giving you the cold shoulder it's because they feel like you don't want to be with them. But there's good news because you've still got your best chance for forming friendships ahead of you. RUSH! Going through rush on the other side is a whole new ballgame babe. It's intense and you are thrown together with your sisters a lot in a common cause, so girls who never noticed each other get to be close, members' opinions of each other change (for good and bad) and whatever happened your first year will kind of be forgotten. This is a great chance for you to start over. Use rush to show your best side to everyone and you'll feel like you belong.

By: You can do it!
by: meepApr 29, 2024 8:02:54 PM

retweet

By: meep
#2  by: Older sis   

I agree with the commenter who said your sisters probably feel like you don’t want to be there. But if you put in the effort to reconnect and be involved, 1000% your sisters will notice and reciprocate. Once you’ve made those first connections, I’d recommend opening up to them about what went on with you this year. I know it can be vulnerable and scary but that’s what your sisters are there for <3 they will love and support you no matter what. Sharing those personal feelings is what makes acquaintances into best friends. Your sisters will make sure you don’t feel as alone and can help you through your struggles. If you aren’t met with love and understanding, I’d reconsider dropping. But pls give ur sorority a chance first!!!

By: Older sis
#3  by: friends are waiting   

Reach a hand out and you may be surprised who grabs it.

By: friends are waiting
#4  by: thank you!   

Hey guys, I really appreciate all the comments and I'll def keep it in mind :) I'm planning to reach out for sure and try to explain the situation w/the director or president. it's unfortunate that they feel I don't want to be involved, I truly did and I tried my best, I don't really have an excuse for not showing up except for depression which was legitimate. But I'm doing much better and I want to prove that I can be an involved sister!

By: thank you!
#5  by: Yes    

This is very relatable. I was dealing with my personal life too and was worried that I missed my opportunity to make friends in my sorority. But one of the things that really got me through was just putting myself out there and before I knew it I met the best friends I could have ever met in my life. Stick with it, I’m sure there are girls that would love to get to know you!

By: Yes
#6  by: wack   

everything will be ok

By: wack

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.