facebook

transfer student tcc

by:    

can i rush for a sorority with a 2.9 gpa as a transfer. i had some extenuating circumstances and i have some club involvement . Will i just be dropped from all the houses basically or given a cuance

Posted By: rush
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

Extenuating circumstances or not, a 2.9 is going to make it a difficult rush for you. Panhellenic will let you rush ( and take your money), but each sorority chapter has its own gpa requirement and they are all above the gpa required to register for rush.

Sororities care about grades. They want their members to do well. They want members who are going to boost the chapter’s gpa, not lower it. No amount of explaining to your rush hostess will get you past the chapter’s gpa requirement. Pledge the library this semester and raise your gpa. That’s your best bet.

That being said, if you should decide to rush in the fall, go in with a realistic expectation that you will not receive a lot of invitations to the 2nd round of parties due to your gpa and not knowing sorority members( you said you know no one). Be grateful for any invitations you do receive, and understand that the chapters that invited you back are your best chance at becoming a sorority member. Good luck.

By: Extenuating or not
by: ^   

This right here.

By: ^
#2by:    

i don’t think so

By: kile

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.