facebook

Boring conversations, re-rushing?

by:    

During rush I could tell I was being boring in my conversations I was stressed, never knew anyone who had rushed before, didn’t know anyone in the sororities (I’m from the northeast), and everything felt so forced. I dropped before pref. I want to try again this year but am scared of it happening. The conversations felt like an interview. I know I messed up because when asked like what dorm I live in I would answer with one word and then just ask where they lived. Other than mistakes like that does anyone have tips for how to treat it like a normal conversation?

Posted By: ?
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

I so relate and the same thing happened to me my freshman year. I was beyond nervous and didn't know what to expect. After dropping I wasn't even sure I wanted to join a sorority but was convinced last minute to try again the fall of my sophomore year. Rushing again was a lot easier because not only did I have friends in Greek life but it was so much less intimidating because I was able to see the people I talked to as people I could go out with or be in classes with rather than just being judged(which is what I was so nervous about the first time). It ended up working out for me and I love it. Honestly my best advice is to just go out make a ton of friends and not get into your head about it

By: :)

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
#2by:    

Same here with me. I had the exact same experince dropped 3rd round, i felt like i was doing it all right, ya i could’ve been more hyper and excited and elaborated more on answers but i was nervous. I had all houses back until round 3 i was practically dropped from every house other than the 4 “no one wants to be in” which i wish i never listened to that because there’s no such thing as a house that no one wants to be in. I’m planning on rerushing now that i have connections within the sprites with my friends and all though that may not be enough it definitely will help. We grow as people freshman year socially and i think it’ll be much less intimidating. I am debating on springrushing depending what houses are taking people. But idk! that’s j me but i relate greatly. ur not alone

By: blah blah

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.