facebook

Need honest advice

by: pnm

Is it normal to not be overjoyed on bid day/at the chapter u end up at? I was dropped from all of my tops before pref and ended up at a chapter that I liked enough even though I felt more connected to others that dropped me. I just feel bad because I saw all these girls literally crying and screaming about where they ended up and a lot of my friends ended up in top sororities. I'm also worried if people will think less of me/make negative assumptions about me because it is a "bottom tier."

Posted By: pnm
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: stop   

Your own looks and behavior are the ONLY thing anyone here will judge you on. Sweet and pretty and fun are the only things that matter. Wear your letters and $crew the made up ranks on here.

By: stop
#2  by: Insecure minds   

This rank stuff is nuts. The only thing that matters is how you feel. You.

By: Insecure minds
#3  by: The truth   

This is gonna be hard advice but you’re gonna thank me next year when you’re top tier. Go to the gym, change your diet, upgrade your wardrobe, start loving yourself, and focus on your school and join clubs. Meet top tier sisters organically and show them you’re top tier material. Maybe you weren’t this year, but I know you can do it if you try!

By: The truth
#4  by: You never know   

Just give it a chance and see how u feel, not everyone is thrilled on bid day I wasn’t but now I couldn’t imagine being anywhere else

By: You never know
#5  by: this is life   

Yes its normal to be disappointed if you didn't get your fave house. try not to take it personally. BUT don't give up on your new house. pick yourself up, participate find new friends. you're the same person you were a week ago letters are not going to make you better or worse as a person

By: this is life
#6  by: Tbh   

On my bid day, i was extremely overwhelmed and although I was happy, I was not crying tears of joy like other people. Yes I ran home to people I loved throughout the process, but I ran home to 200+ girls I didn’t know with 80+ girls I didn’t know. It was an extremely overwhelming day for me and I didn’t truly fall in love with my sorority until after bid day. Go to meals! Study at the house! Just hang out in the living room between classes! You will meet so many people and either realize it’s the place for you, or that maybe somewhere else will be better. At this point you have nothing to lose so you might as well stick it out until initiation and give it your best shot!

By: Tbh
by: TbhAug 29, 2023 10:43:45 AM

@lol I am so sorry you had that experience! That is not at all how a sorority or sisterhood should be :(. I was at my sorority house almost everyday as a new member and got to meet so many incredible people by doing that. It may vary by sorority based on their norms, but sororities should encourage nm to go to the house and meet people!

By: Tbh
#7  by: ur fav sorority gal :)   

here’s my take: you’ve already accepted your bid, so you wouldn’t be able to join a different chapter until next fall anyway. give it a little time. meets the girls in the chapter; go to meals and events and hang out at the house. as long as you drop before initiation you’ll be able to go through recruitment (either formal or COB) again. so i’d say give it a shot and see if you get more comfortable. and if not: no harm no foul! it happens :)

By: ur fav sorority gal :)
#8  by: Your NM Class 1st   

Focus mainly on making connections to your fellow new member class. This is the group that will mean the most to you and you will be closest to, not the older girls.

It's great to try to get to know older members especially since they were the ones you saw in rush, but honestly they have already formed their friend groups. You need to carve your niche out with your own class. Hope this helps.

By: Your NM Class 1st

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.