facebook

Chances of getting a bid after pref round?

by:    

So I did a suicide bid and only put down one sorority… fingers crossed it’s my fav one and idc that it’s a low rank (it’s not alpha gamma) bc I vibed wjth the girls so well. Also I cried during pref round bc it rlly touched me does this affect my chances?

Posted By: Gh
Page 1 of 2
#1by:    

Lots of girls cry during pref it's nbd. Before pref they already pretty much knew how they were going to rank their bid list so if you are high enough on it for a match before they hit whatever quota is then you'll get your bid. If not, maybe they can pick you up as a COB because you came so close. Good luck.

By: nah
#2by:    

It's risky to only list one - but good luck! You really wouldn't have joined the other house you Preffed at?

By: Yikes

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
by: Gh   

I only got back that one house… I didn’t rlly realise how competitive rush was. It’s so embarrassing for me lol but oh well. If I don’t get this house back (i know if you get dropped by every chapter you can rerush) I’ll just rush spring or something

By: Gh
by: ^^^   

Whoa, wait a minute. Was this the only house you got invited to for pref?

THAT'S NOT A SUICIDE! You have 100% got that bid! Easy stress free night for you, you know where you're going tomorrow! Yay! Sweet dreams!

FYI a suicide is when you have 2 houses and only rank 1. If you only have 1 house and you put them on your card you are guaranteed that bid.

By: ^^^
#3by:    

Wait, what?! Sorry I couldn’t comment directly but because I got a house back I’m guranteed a bid from them? Really?? I thought it was hopeless because I only have one house left but I didn’t know that you basically get a bid if you only got invited to one house for pref. Can someone else verify this?

by: one house=bid   

Yes, this is absolutely correct. If you only have one house for pref and you attend and put them on your card you get that bid.

There are no drops after pref, there is only bid matching. Everyone invited to a pref is on that house's bid list somewhere. Since you don't have a #2 option you are guaranteed to bid match to your one and only house.

Verified. Congrats.

By: one house=bid
by: bid   

Yeah honey, you didn't suicide bid so that doesn't apply to you - that's just for those who only list one of their two choices. If a pnm only has one house at pref and they want it then they get it. You are running home tomorrow to your house!

By: bid
by: SEC   

to RFM: if you only knew who "Knows" was, you would be humiliated. She is certainly no troll. Several Greek advisors are watching this thread now to laugh at your so-called knowledge of what happens.

By: SEC
by: Hey there SEC   

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! $crew you

By: Hey there SEC
#4by:    

Omg omg I’m freaking out right now!! I love this house so much I literally cried at the pref but I was so worried I wouldn’t get a bid at all bc I thought well with only one house… yk what are my chances? But I guess they saw something in me bc they kept inviting me back up to pref and then ofc today i put them down as my one and only option bc I only have one house. Also I’m kind of worried bc I hung out with my bf today and my roomate whose rushing knows but I’m paranoid someone will find out and everything will be ruined… idk. I’m trying not to think of the what ifs Anyways tysm for all the replies l!

by: All Good   

Hahaha they aren't dropping you now for any reason. Get some sleep, tomorrow's a big day for you! XXXooo

By: All Good
by: aww   

This is so cute. I'm so happy for you. Congrats!

By: aww
by: Hooray!   

I'm excited for you! Have a great bid day and enjoy your new sisters!

By: Hooray!
#5by:    

As long as its not alpha gamma delta aka ALFA HAMM im happy for you. If it is you just signed your social suicide note.

By: ALfa
by: Gh   

It isn't agd. although I have nothing against them I just didn't vibe with them! And they didn't ask me to come back anyways, I put them as an alternate too.

It's aoii, the girls have just been incredible and I've had such a special connection with the house, the values, the stories, EVERYTHING, I hope this didn't give away too much info.

Anyways tysm for the other comments you guys left...xoxo much love and I'm so excited for tmrow!!!

by: OK   

This is so mean and unnecessary.

By: OK
#6by:    

Congrats have a great bid day

By: Run home
#7by:    

This is such an amazing thread! I wish greek rank would always feel like this! Congrats!

By: Sally G
#8by:    

You’ll fit in great with AOII since they live on this site

By: AOPost
#9by:    

Past rho gam here, FSU does not guarantee bids, so even if it is your only house for pref, you aren't guarantee a bid from them. BUTTT FSU does try to maximize the amount of people that match to a house so although it is NOT guaranteed, there is a high likelihood you will get a bid. If you don't you will likely get a call sometime tonight or tomorrow morning from your rho gam. I just didn't want you to get your hopes up if you don't get a bid. It will just depend on where you are listed on the sororities bid list and if your name is listed before they hit quota.

By: truth
by: Ummm   

If she maximized all her options each round, RFM says she'll be a quota addition. This is not an FSU thing - it's a National thing.

By: Ummm
by: knows   

It is definitely not a national thing. NPC can't guarantee bids. Sometimes a chapter has found out something horrible about a PNM before bids are given out but after prefs and a girl was released.

NPC can't guarantee membership in any way. It comes down to the individual group She will probably get her bid but it's not 100% sure.

By: knows
by: ^   

That never happens. Just stop it.

By: ^
by: Yeah   

I'm literally saying she'll get a bid.

By: Yeah
by: knows   

To FU: it definitely does happen and if you were in the know and went to any other Greek sites besides this one, you would know of several situations in which a girl has gone out and done something horrible on pref night, or proof comes in that she lied about something major on her rush application. In one Southern case last year, it was found out after prefs that a PNM had been kicked out of her last university for assaulting her roommate.

I agree that it probably won't happen to this PNM. However, FU, you are very wrong to say that it never happens and that NPC can force someone to take a PNM.

By: knows
by: ^   

Hardly applies to this situation. This thread is about the bid matching process and not any of that 'what if' stuff that has no relevance here. You're just being a cun+ and you know it.

By: ^
by: SEC   

NPC does not and can not guarantee bids. Message them and ask, girlie.

By: SEC
by: RFM   

No one is saying that a sorority can be forced to take someone. The thread is about the PROCEsS, and how RFM works through bid matching, quota additions, etc. at every school, and that there is not some different FSU version of that process. Trolls always trip themselves up.

By: RFM
by: No!!!   

If you are a former Rho Gam, you learned nothing in your training. FSU follows the rules of the National Panhellenic Conference, which state if you are only invited to one pref party, put that sorority on your MRABA, you will receive a bid from that sorority.

By: No!!!
#10by:    

Omg girlie!!! I ACTUALLY suicide AOII and I’m so hopeful! Prefs rly changed my mind. I hope to see you running home today! Fingers crossed, I know I’ll be ok either way. :)

By: Sister???

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.