facebook

dropping and snap bids

by:    

I feel heartbroken after being dropped today by a chapter that I had my heart set on. I am ok with another chapter that I am preferencing. I know that if I do receive a bid from them, all I will be able to think about is that other chapter. Any advice on what I should do or potential for a snap bid?

Posted By: pnm
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

I would go to ur other house for pref, you never know until you try. I did not get my top house and ended up somewhere else on bid day but after being here I wouldn’t change it for anything, you can always drop before initiation if u still feel that way down the road!!

By: pan love

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
#2by:    

There is slim to no potential for a snap bid. Your best chance for getting over this will be to try not dwell on it and keep your mind on pref. You don't know what you don't know and your best friends and social life are very likely waiting for you now, you just can't see it. If you are like a lot of pnm's, you will be feeling very differently in just a day or two.

By: Give it a chance
#3by:    

Hey! I was in your shoes last year. It gets better I promise! It did not take me long to get immersed in my new sorority and be really happy, and I didn't dwell on the house I lost like I thought I would. I would not go back and trade for that sorority for anything, although I felt the opposite at the time.

By: me too but came out happy
#4by:    

Sorry to be so harsh but if you were dropped the house won't offer you a snap bid. Also, snap bids aren't normal after recruitment.

By: reality
#5by:    

Would you never date again if you got dropped by your “dream” guy? Of course not. Go to pref and see what this sorority has to offer.

By: Consider this

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.