facebook

2023 Recruitment

by:    

Anyone else getting the feel that chapters are all holding onto the same pnms this year and might have to give out a lot of snap bids? I’ve seen so many girls who’ve gotten back all top chapters then other very normal, amazing pnm’s who had to drop because they were dropped from everything but bottoms. I feel like up until pref so many chapters were holding onto the same girls, so now this year’s PCs will be pretty small? Is this year different from others? Just asking, not trolling

Posted By: Questionable
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

I heard that over 600 girls had already dropped before today. That’s just crazy.

By: PNM
by: Sister   

That’s pretty normal. About 30% drop during the week

By: Sister
by: SMH   

Such a shame. All the sororities are so similar, maybe except for one. I just can’t see how someone couldn’t connect with a house who has on avg 200+ members. Too much emphasis on the ridiculous ranking system which means nothing after recruitment. Those who dropped early didn’t give it a chance. Maybe Greek life isn’t for them????

By: SMH
#2by:    

That's not how it works.

First, each chapter is given a number they must release at every round. Stronger recruiting chapters must release more. The release numbers come from the past few years' recruitments, based on each chapter's retention of pnm's from round to round. Adjustments are made at each round as necessary but the percentages stay the same.

Second, snap bids only happen when a chapter fails to reach quota during bid matching, and quota is not set until all pnm's have turned in their cards. Pnm's who drop out because they don't like their remaining choices only reduce the pool of pnm's and make quota smaller, they do not leave open spots to cause snaps to happen. If those "amazing pnm's" would stay and give their houses a chance, those houses would not be so 'bottom' (which they're not anyway).

Last, other pnm's LIE about their rush and the houses they have left. It's too bad that pnm's buy into the tier crap and engage in tent talk.

By: Truth
#3by:    

That was BEFORE today and almost 40%. More are dropping today.

By: PNM
#4by:    

Drops don't equate to snap bids, they only cause smaller new member classes. Smaller new member classes don't equate to more COBs either, they just cause house total to be reset to a lower number. So there won't be more open spots in houses than any other year. Your best chance for a bid and a great sorority life is formal recruitment. What will most likely happen from the drops is that next year's fall rush will have more upperclassmen going through again.

By: drops

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
by: Truth    

Yep! I wish more PNMs understood the process. And pnms drop thinking they are going to get a snap bid or COB and those are usually the same sororities they don’t want to begin with.

By: Truth

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.