facebook

What should I do for my future in Greek life?

by:    

Unfortunately, I got dropped by all of my prefs but alpha gam, should I just go with them? Or just wait until next year to get into another sorority instead?

Posted By: Help!
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

Wait til next year

By: 6890
#2by:    

You would be better loved and appreciated on campus if you were severely mentally disabled than if you were an alpha gam. It would break my heart to see you make the wrong decision and regret it $5000 in. Wait until next year and get into a sorority that actually compliments your life and doesn’t make it harder! ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

By: I’m done with this bs
#3by:    

First analyze why you think you didn’t do well in rush. Did you not know any sorority members? Did you look like most of the other PNMs? How was your GPA? How are your social skills? Are you outgoing? Once you’ve thought on those things think about this:what do you need to do to have a different outcome? If sorority life is important to you make a plan. Keep your grades up. Join a club or two on campus-bonus points if sorority girls are members. They might become your friends and advocate for you next fall. But remember- you might get lucky and be offered a COB bid. Be open to that if it comes from a sorority you liked. Good luck.

By: Rushing next year
#4by:    

agd gets mad hate on this site but i feel like nobody on campus actually cares. as long as u can hold ur own u will be fine. the chapter isn’t terrible and there r a lot of girls who get dropped from houses who r cool (rush is SOOOO competitive here, even the middle and some bottom tier houses could easily pass for top girls). agd isn’t bad and they really do have some nice and normal girls. they def also have some weirdos but that’s how it is in a lot of houses tbh.

By: ugh
by: The real   

In reality, most of the girls you perceive as “top tier material” have very significant issues that made the top and middle tier srats drop them, whether it be gpa, zero social skills, awkwardness, no connections, drama, toxic, etc. trust me when I tell you, you can talk to a “decent looking” girl in alpha gam and within 5 seconds of speaking to her you’ll fully understand why she is where she is.

After high school, life has a way of putting you where you belong, whether you agree with it or not. You can try to make the best of it or you can lie to drag other people down to your level. It is your choice.

By: The real
by: Wow   

Realest thing ever written on this site to be honest. Grow a shell, life isn’t all daisies and roses.

By: Wow
by: Holy yes   

Omg I can second what “the real” said, was so curious to talk to this sister who was actually pretty decent looking, and it was honestly one of the most awkward conversations I might’ve ever had in my entire life. As a representative of a sorority, you put your best foot forward and try to be friendly and inviting to this pnm. Well……. she refused to keep eye contact with me, would stutter and couldn’t keep full sentences and just knew nothing about her chapter. It was embarrassing. I was the one who was keeping the conversation going the entire time, and after about 5 minutes of this non sense I excused myself and just literally walked out of the house. If she had done a good job, maybe she could’ve convinced me to give this sorority a chance, but I now totally understand why everyone talks about them the way they do. Nothing I’ve seen from them comes even close to justifying 5K+ dues. I’m beyond disappointed by what I experienced.

My beautiful fellow PNM Babes, stay FAR AWAY from alpha gam.

By: Holy yes
#5by:    

If you liked them I would at least give it a chance as in go to pref round you can always drop after pref or even after bid day and rush again if u want, it’s a personal decision idk why everyone is so worried about what everyone else thinks if you feel a connection with the girls there go for it

By: Lol

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
#6by:    

Hey guys OP here, I didn’t particularly have an opinion on them, didn’t really know them that well I just got dropped by the other. Honestly after reading all of this I’m probably going to just wait until next year. Thank youuu!

By: OP

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.