facebook

Will low gpa get me dropped automatically

by:    

Be honest, does GPA matter for recruitment? Rho gam will tell me no but I don’t believe it when there’s a chapter average that I’m sure they try to maintain . Wondering if my lower GPA has played a role in the chapters choices.

Posted By: Concerned
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

If you are a sophomore or junior and your gpa is less than 3.0 yes you will be considered an academic risk for most sororities.

By: Lulu

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
#2by:    

GPA does matter.

By: Yes
#3by:    

Rho Gam told me no, too. But I promise it does. Sophomores are already at a disadvantage bc less time in the chapter to pay dues ie. less money for the chapter. Also GPAs can drop a lot your first year at college. I’d argue anything lower than the chapter average is going to hurt you. It did me. Absolutely.

By: yes
by: upper   

FSU has an upperclassmen quota that is separate from the freshmen quota, so non-freshmen are not competing with freshmen for spots. So the less time in the chapter stuff doesn't hold true because sophs and higher are not taking spots away from freshmen, they're adding to the chapter membership.

By: upper

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.