facebook

Uncertainty about continuing

by: TP2

Is there some "average" number of houses that most get back after round 1 cuts and then again after round 2? I don't know many at FSU, and definitely no other sorority girls, so not sure about sticking it out to the end. I'm really only interested in 3 or so of the 7 I got back, so would it be wise to just back out completely after the next cuts if they don't bring me back? I feel like my options are pretty low, and most of the other loud girls make it seem like they are just fully booked up. I know in my heart (I'm tired of hearing to trust the process) that I wouldn't be happy in the others. Do I leave the space for someone who would be and try again another time?

Posted By: TP2
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Sophomore    

I rushed last year and only got 7 houses back the second day and had 4 houses the day before pref and those 2 days were super discouraging because I lost most of my favorite houses, but when I was down to the last 4 (even though I really only liked 2 of them) I forced myself to give them a chance and ended up meeting really cool and chill girls at those houses and ended up preffing at one of the ones I originally didn’t like. I’m glad I never dropped though because the house I ended up in was the best choice I could have made and I’ve made my best friends and lowkey dodged a bullet with the other sororities because I found out how fake etc they were. I say to go through pref because why not and if you make it to bid day and it’s not your top choice you might as well just go that day and see what the vibe is because you can always back out at anytime so it’s worth a shot

By: Sophomore
#2  by: Don’t just quit.    

Quitting without going thru prefs just seems stupid and immature. If you played a sport or know someone who did and things didn’t go as you/they expected, did you/they quit? Or did they tough it out trusting that it would get better? You’ve got nothing to lose and everything to gain by staying in.

By: Don’t just quit.
#3  by: AtoZ   

I think you're missing out if you don't stick through to the end. But if out of 17 sororities only 3 seem acceptable to you or you're out, then I'm not sure greek life is for you.

By: AtoZ

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.