facebook

Dropped from all chapters

by:    

I am a junior and got dropped from every single house besides the ones in my bottom 5. This is so stupid because I felt so confident walking out of every house I liked and was so sure I would be called back. I talked to a friend who graduated that was on exec in her chapter who let me know that recruitment is so much more than meeting people, but is also a business and they are most interested in finding underclassmen who are more likely to stay in each chapter for 3-4 years so they will be paying dues for much longer, but she didn’t want to tell me that going into it in case not all chapters did this, while hers did and clearly a lot of them do. And this is why only houses who most people drop called people back because they are just looking for people to join their chapter. As a result of this and knowing that those chapters were not for me, I dropped out of recruitment.

Posted By: Bruh
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

You are upset because 12 houses didn’t ask you back, but you just rejected 5 houses because they did ask you back. Hmmm.

By: So….
#2by:    

Upperclassmen have a completely separate quota then freshman and sophomores. You are NOT competing with freshman and sophomores as a junior or senior rushing. You say, how can sororities drop you when they don’t even know you, BUT yet you don’t truly know the five you dropped either. You still had two more rounds to see if you could have built connections with some of the women or their philanthropy.

By: Alex
by: not quite   

Actually, 'upperclassmen' does include sophomores, so the upperclassmen quota is basically for anyone not a freshman. With that said, someone who still had FIVE houses left as a junior was doing pretty good.

By: not quite
#3by:    

You shouldn’t rush if you’re only interested in being a top tier sorority. That’s such a high school mindset. You took spots away from girls who are looking for a sisterhood, not just popularity. 🙄

By: 🤷🏻‍♀️
by: Hi   

I got back zeta, KD, and DG after putting them in my bottom 5 so I am not judging anything of of how they were “ranked” or if they were “top tier” or not

By: Hi
#4by:    

Lololol. Right.

By: @Hi

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.