facebook

sophmores as pnms

by:    

i’ve seen a lot of ppl on here saying upperclassmen don’t compete w freshman during recruitment? is this tru? then who are they “competing w” like are they up against other upperclassmen then for spots?

Posted By: soph
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

No, that’s not true. Sure, some sororities have to meet a “quota” of girls in each year but you’re not competing. If anything, being a sophomore makes you stand out. Hopefully you didn’t do nothing with your freshman year and have stuff to talk about. I got involved with other stuff on campus and talked about that throughout rush, which made me stand out. You’ll be fine. Be as confident as you can and always smile. No dirty looks ir faces and be fake. Like actually. No one should tell that you do not want to be there. You “want” to be at every chapter. Being stuck up and prideful will land you with nothing

By: A sophomore who rushed

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
by: wrong and wrong   

By "a lot of ppl on here" you must mean the greekrank site. The fact is that while some schools have a separate upperclassmen quota, which means that upperclassmen are considered separately from freshmen for sororities' invitations to rounds and for bids, Auburn is not one of those schools. Every pnm, regardless of year, is in the same pool for consideration equally. And contrary to the above comment, no sorority has to have a certain number of new members from each year; that is categorically false.

By: wrong and wrong
by: hahaha   

Somebody commented on the wrong site hahahaha!

By: hahaha
#2by:    

Hey soph! Yes, there is an upperclassmen quota that is separate from the freshmen quota. So, yeah upperclassmen are 'competing' with each other in the same way that freshmen are 'competing' with each other. But that's great for upperclassmen because freshmen are honestly more desired by sororities, so by removing upperclassmen into their own category, it's a huge advantage. 'Quota' for sororities means the maximum number of bids each sorority can offer. It never means a number they HAVE to take, but the 2 quotas are never set until after pref and every pnm has signed her card. That means that the more pnm's who stay through the pref round and rank houses, the more bids there will be! I hope this helps!

By: Quota

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.