facebook

Does GPA matter as a sophomore?

by:    

I’m rushing as a sophomore and I’m nervous because I have a 3.3 GPA but a STEM major. I heard GPA matters but does it really matter that much?

Posted By: TCC
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

Yes, GPA matters.

By: GPA

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
by: ^   

Do they cut upperclassman based on GPA though? We're already in college and some people have tough majors. Do they really cut sophomores, juniors, and seniors if they don't have a 3.5? I worked hard for mine, but it's not a 3.5

By: ^
by: TCC   

creator: should i be worried? what if I explain in the houses that I tried really hard. Freshman year is tough to adjust to man

By: TCC
#2by:    

Yes, they do cut for GPA no matter the major. Stem majors don’t get extra points added because of their majors. A good house gpa matters to the sororities, to Panhellenic, and to each chapter’s national headquarters.

By: GPA
by: NO!   

The STEM majors in my sorority with a 3.3 take exception to this comment. There IS flexibility in GPA according to major, and a chapter is not going to let an amazing girl get away from us for the sake of a set GPA. College GPA is not going to be as high as high school GPA anyway. Nationals are not that rigid about it either, BTW, and a 3.3 is just fine for them. A 3.3 girl who is just okay, not so much, it all depends.

By: NO!

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.