facebook

fraternity and sorority tiers

by: Curious

How are the fraternities and sororities ranked right now?

Posted By: Curious
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: not sure what yu mean   

any 'rankings' done here are based on popularity. For females rankings are based on looks and associations with the right fraternities. All sororities are pretty much the same size and they all have nice houses. For men rankings are based on looks, size, sports and association the right sororities

By: not sure what yu mean
#2  by: aye   

I'm going to repost this comment from another thread, because I think the OP did a really good job of explaining. I haven't seen anything this in depth about the sororities.

- Top Tier -

- Pi Kappa Alpha (Pike): The top of the top. The most "frat" fraternity chapter not just at FSU, but in the US. Paired with Zeta for homecoming.

- Delta Tau Delta (Delt): Very strong top house. Imagine Pike but if everyone was from South Florida. Paired with KD for homecoming.

- Alpha Tau Omega (ATO): Another strong, respectably top fraternity. Second largest fraternity at FSU behind Pike. Their house is more like a 'village' and they own 5 or 6 townhouses right off the south border of campus. Paired with Tri Delt for homecoming IIRC.

- Phi Kappa Tau (Phi Tau): Very good sorority relations, right across from Pike in Heritage, really like to party. Also kind of crazy, but that might be your thing.

- Theta Chi: Extremely respectable rising house. Throw great parties. Brothers are good looking. Got ADPi for homecoming.

- Middle Tier -

- Sigma Phi Epsilon (Sig Ep): Finally moved on campus after being in Heritage Grove for years. Have an abbreviated or somehow different pledge process from what I've heard. Rising. Paired with Theta for Homecoming.

- Kappa Sigma: (Kappa Sig): Have a great location right across the street from all of the sororities in the old Sigma Chi house. Respectable, pretty good all around.

- Sigma Alpha Epsilon: (SAE): Also have a great location on College ave. Something is always going on at their house. They party a LOT. Think Animal House when you think of SAE.

(Kappa Sig and SAE are still figuring out their pairing but as far as I know one of them is going with DG. Not for sure on that though.)

- Kappa Alpha (KA): Southern boys. Not nearly as 'southern' as other KA chapters but certainly fits the bill at FSU. Good old boys. Letters still carry a lot of weight. Paired with Chi O for homecoming.

- Phi Gamma Delta (FIJI): Probably the best location of any house on campus. Right next door to Pots' and in walking distance of just about every bar/club in Tallahassee.

- Sigma Pi: Got ZBT/Lambda Chi's old house in Heritage. Still growing into it. Getting better.

- Bottom Tier -

- Delta Chi: In heritage grove. Tailgates are good.

- Beta Theta Pi (Beta): Less of a 'frat' and more of a 'fraternity.' Huge emphasis on Academics. Right across the street from Campus and Southgate.

- Alpha Delta Phi (Alpha Delt): Don't hear from them much, every Alpha Delt I know is in the FSU car club. Not sure if that's a defining part of them, that's just how I know them. Have a house in Heritage.

- Phi Kappa Psi (Phi Psi): Also have a house in heritage. Their tailgates are good.

- Tau Kappa Epsilon (TKE): Very small chapter at FSU, but one of the larger fraternities nationwide.

By: aye
by: -Jun 5, 2019 1:56:13 PM

bump this for visibility

By: -

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.