facebook

rushing as a sophomore

by:    

Is it a disadvantage to rush as a sophomore? Are there certain quotas that sororities must meet for non freshman? and which ones are the most selective with sophomores?

Posted By: 638363
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

No, but they’re going to ask who balled you/who you dropped as a freshman. I rushed as a sophomore and still think I made the right choice.

By: ^
by: ^   

I’m an idiot - I just saw that you were asking about sororities. I’m pretty sure every sorority has a quota of upperclassmen that they must meet, so you might actually have an advantage rushing later.

By: ^
#2by:    

Quota explained:
- Quota is not a required minimum; it is the maximum number that the houses are allowed to take. No sorority is required to take anyone.
- There is a separate Quota for upperclassmen so that they don't have to compete for spots with the more desirable freshmen.
- With that said, filling freshman Quota is critical for sororities and they will do anything to fill that Quota even if they have to settle for girls they don't love. But taking upperclassmen is not quite as important and sororities are less likely to carry upperclassmen they don't love to the next round.
- If you make it to the Pref round it means you are on the bid list somewhere, so if you put those houses on your card you will get a bid.

By: yes and no

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
#3by:    

I rushed as a sophomore last year and I’m so happy I did. I paid no attention to stereotypes and chose the house that felt right for me. I love being a part of Greek life and definitely recommend rushing as a sophomore.

By: Did it

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.