facebook

what is delta nu zeta

by: Me

I'm just wondering what Delta Nu Zeta is/ how is it different from a traditional sorority??????????? Is it technically in the Greek system still or ???? Just confused, going to rush in the fall as a freshman so any tips/ advice would be greatly appreciated! :)

Posted By: Me
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: NPC   

DNZ is not an NPC sorority and does not participate in our fall recruitment or compete with us for members. After you go through fall recruitment, if it doesn't work out for you or you find that the traditional sorority experience is not for you, or that the financial obligation is out of the question, then you could consider DNZ. They have a sorority experience on a much smaller scale and seem to like each other very much. They are not a national organization, though they do have one other chapter at UF, and they do not have a house or meal plan, but their dues are a lot cheaper, like only around $300, I think. They are small and emphasize sisterhood and having fun but do not have the social emphasis, large size, and big name of national sororities. They get a lot of crap on here but no one really judges in real life and they couldn't care less anyway. Try regular fall recruitment and see how it works out for you. If not, try them.

By: NPC
by: MeAug 29, 2024 2:05:09 PM

I completely agree, those women are confident and so so accepting. A lot of girls hate on them because they aren't a traditional sorority. I love that they don't care and just keep being themselves, they are lovely and do actual community service work.

By: Me
#2  by: Anonymous    

Do not bother and save yourself from joining DNZ. They claim to show the true meaning of sisterhood when in reality they’ll kick out and shun anyone who isn’t good enough for them, take your money, and will never give you a response as to why. Very fake and cliquey for a wannabe sorority. Don’t waste your time and money and join a real sorority instead if interested in the greek life where they will give you the time of day, whether you’re in or out, and maybe actually hold the true bond of sisterhood.

By: Anonymous
by: yeaNov 7, 2021 12:57:53 PM

I wouldnt even bother with DNZ. Yah their dues are low, but no house, no meals, and they want their numbers always small. That leaves to high selectively, especially if you’re not a freshman or sophomore. Definitely cliquey and a lot of their members were stand-offish when I rushed. I’d recommend going through real sorority rush first and then if you don’t like that, look at the professional frats/sorority’s.

By: yea
by: MeAug 29, 2024 2:11:01 PM

I completely disagree. The women at DNZ truly care about their members and address fakeness, cliqueness, and any issues upfront, much more than traditional sororities. Saying "real" sorority shows the stigma some may hold in their head since this is a newer organization.

#3  by: Me   

DNZ has truly blossomed into an amazing organization that is accepting, affordable, and great to gain community service hours, friendships, and connections on campus and around town. There is no house, which allows the dues to be low ($300 per semester compared to thousands in Panhellenic) I love going on retreat, to semi formal, formal, and date functions. Everything is included in your dues. HIGHLY RECCOMEND!!

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.