facebook

Considering dropping out

by: 🙁

i’m a pnm and seeing all the talk abt dirty rushing, promised bids, and bid day “lists” etc. makes me WORRIED. i’m so upset and scared that i won’t get a bid. girls from a top house have been following me and commenting on my instagram all summer but i feel like that means nothing. i need some advice and someone to tell me to stay in rush. im in state but not anywhere near fayetteville and im just so worried that nobody will actually want me.

Posted By: 🙁
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: advice    

A word of advice: dont be caught up in what other people are saying/doing. girls commenting on your post mean NOTHING in retrospect if you don’t have any kind of relationship to them or the sorority they tell us to do this to all pnms!! Our retention rates were 95% last year you will get a bid. Don’t get caught up in dirty rushing, connections or trying to figure out what is a top or bottom house because at the end of the day recruitment is what YOU make out of it. Everything happens for a reason.

By: advice
#2  by: @🙁   

Go into it knowing these things. I went through rush not knowing these things, and it made for some hard truths.
If you truly don’t have any connections, then you won’t get one of the top 3, but that’s Ok!
The others are full of top quality girls. The only reason they didn’t get a top 3 sorority is simply because nobody knew them ahead of time.

You will find your people! Just don’t get caught up in night one’s cuts. They are brutal.

By: @🙁
by: First roundJul 25, 2024 9:55:36 AM

Is night 1 cuts the hardest for most people? About how many houses drop u that round?

By: First round
by: SeniorJul 25, 2024 3:24:09 PM

The top houses will probably only bring 500 girls back after night one.

By: Senior
#3  by: Ok   

Just drop

By: Ok
#4  by: no   

Don't drop out, especially before it starts! Many pnms think they want a top house until they go through recruitment and realize that the other houses are just as good. There are a lot of really happy girls in non-connection needed houses! Give us a chance ;)

By: no
#5  by: Lily of the valley   

Please don’t drop.

Have you seen the houses? Beautiful mansions! All of them.
Have you seen the girls? Beautiful girls!
All of them.

Get thru the first night. Then look at your true list. The houses that want you back.
Trust the system. It does work.
And you’ll be happy you found your people. I promise.

DG here.

By: Lily of the valley

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.