facebook

Learn the math behind rush!

by: Sara

What is a top house, exactly? It’s a house that has a high volume of Arkansas & Dallas girls. It’s a house that has huge day 1 cuts eliminating 3/4 of the 2,200+ PNMs before day one. Why? Because that’s how UARK does it so girls don’t get their hopes up and drop rush. The majority of PNMs that make this 1st initial cut are connected in some way. Of the let’s say 300+ girls working rush it’s safe to say (that between them all) they personally know close to 200 PNMs of the 2,200+. Also they have a higher alum support because they are mostly from Arkansas & Dallas (closer than let’s say Chicago). It has nothing to do with your looks, bank account, resume, rush outfits, etc. It’s just math!

What’s a mid house? Houses that have a bigger out of state presence. It’s harder for them to compete because they can’t cut as many pnms Day 1, making them work that much harder. We’re talking all the NRTA scholarship girls like 6 states that’s a lot of ground to cover to personally know 200 PNMs. So these houses do rely on the conversations/connections and resumes to get NM girls. These girls aren’t uglier or poorer or dumber they simply don’t know anyone or enough girls to pull for them. Again it’s just math!

What’s a bottom house? Houses that have to work a lot harder than everyone else because they can’t hardly cut anyone. So instead of rushing 500+ PNMs (like top houses) they’re rushing over 1,500 PNMs. These are also houses that are fairly new or just are having bad luck with member retention.

(alphabetical & interchangeable) based on my explanation of each level

ChiO, KKG, PiPhi / ZTA / DDD

Mid
Adpi, KD / AXO, PhiMu

Bottom
DG / AOPi

Posted By: Sara
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Please   

U lost me when u said DDD was a top house

By: Please
by: JennaMay 18, 2023 7:48:26 AM

Tri Delt creating another post that says they are a “top” house. While I do think they are in their own tier and above KD and ADPI no one on campus thinks they are a top tier house.

By: Jenna
#2  by: mostly   

The info was solid until you decided to list the houses. I'll fix that for you for how it is now.

TOP/Tier 1: Chi O, Kappa, Pi Phi, Zeta
MID(top)/Tier 2: Tri delt, KD, ADPI
MID(lower)/Tier 3: Phi Mu, AXO
BOTTOM/Tier 4: DG, AOII

By: mostly
by: Sara Apr 29, 2023 10:30:07 AM

@mostly I agree with you on your post (DDD placement) but I was just being honest on the difficulty level of getting into each house based on the math. The difference within each tier is not huge either, I’d say they’re all close within their tier.

By: Sara
by: @ mostlyMay 17, 2023 8:21:51 PM

these tiers are accurate

By: @ mostly
#3  by: Sara    

Alphabetical & Interchangeable

ChiO, KKG, PiPhi / ZTA

Mid
DDD / Adpi, KD / AXO, PhiMu

Bottom
DG / AOPi

By: Sara
by: Yes thisMay 1, 2023 3:07:47 PM

1000% this is correct

By: Yes this
by: @saraMay 17, 2023 6:19:15 PM

Even though you keep posting this on tons of other threads, it is not true.
Even though you keep spamming the like button to try to convince others, it is not true.

By: @sara
#4  by: @Sara   

DDD has the same recruitment release and return numbers as the other upper mid houses. DDD is not a top house.

By: @Sara
#5  by: Math   

Based on the math I would bet that DDD actually has a higher retention rate than the other mid tiers because you can have 5 houses on the sisterhood days and I would bet if someone has a perfect recruitment and doesn't get cut from anything their top 5 would be ZTA, KKG, XO, DDD, and Pi Phi.

By: Math
by: woopigMay 1, 2023 3:11:23 PM

I disagree strongly. I rated Kappa in bottom three on the first night — yah I know they’d cut me blah blah but I also didn’t want them. I know many MANY girls in the dorm and my group that also ranked Kappa last on the first round.

By: woopig
by: @mathMay 1, 2023 4:49:01 PM

less than 10% of pnms have a perfect recruitment

By: @math
by: "'retention rate"May 3, 2023 12:21:00 PM

Y'all old people have got to stop using the term 'retention rate' for recruitment. It no longer applies like it did in the old days, before RFM, when the pnm's could actually drop any houses they wanted. The houses that pnm's didn't drop had a 'good retention rate' that was actually a measurable number, but all that changed with RFM and pnm's rankings, not actual retention from round to round. Old biddies spout off 'retention rate' for their sororities but they just don't get it.

By: "'retention rate"
#6  by: Kim   

Tri delt is top because you can go back to five houses before pref

By: Kim
by: @kimMay 3, 2023 8:33:02 AM

Most pnms (usually those without lots of connections) are released from the top four houses after the first round. This is why mid houses like tri delt, kd, and adpi get a lot of great girls.

By: @kim
#7  by: Honestly    

The truth is these NRTA girls technically could be in a “top” sorority for the fact that they check all the boxes, and they are brave enough and confident enough to go out on their own.
They aren’t staying home and riding on former classmates tails. 🤷🏼‍♀️
It takes a lot of confidence and nerve to strike out and go through rush at Arkansas without knowing a soul, and to get cut night 1 from the tops is a shame.

So yes, mid houses have top quality girls.

By: Honestly
by: @honestlyMay 2, 2023 5:31:14 PM

Agree with you! The same can be said for so called bottom houses. They have a number of “top quality” girls who didn’t know a soul. There are girls in those houses who were cut from top houses just before pref because they didn’t have connections. You’re right- it takes guts to go through rush at Ark when you don’t know anyone!

By: @honestly
by: Yes! Totally!May 2, 2023 6:01:52 PM

I love this! It’s so true.

By: Yes! Totally!

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.