facebook

hazing?

by:    

Both my daughter and son may be joining Greek life. I did not go to Arkansas so I do not know what it is like there. However, my school had a lot of hazing for both sororities and fraternities so I was wondering how bad it was at the U of A...

Posted By: concerned mother
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

Uark is a no haze school. If it were to happen, and 99% it won't, then the house that did the hazing could get suspended.

By: Don't worry
#2by:    

hi concerned mom, there's not really hazing for sororities unless you're a chi o. they do very cult-like weird things with their "pledges".

they have gotten a lot stricter on hazing here for fraternities. there will be mostly cleaning, role calls (waking up early), and dumb tasks that members make pledges do. there are traditions that they follow for each fraternity. as for drinking for pledges, it's really not forced. there were pledges in top houses that didn't drink and members respected it and didn't force them to do anything.

if your son can't handle waking up early and being places on time and doing people's laundry or giving people rides, then i recommend him not rushing or he can drop if it's too much for him.

but honestly that would be silly. for the members, they will say it is the most rewarding thing to be initiated and so worth it in the end. hazing here is almost non existent now and is harmless if any.

By: um

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.