facebook

spring rush

by:    

I'm really interested in joining a sorority this spring but don't know which sororities are accepting new members or when spring Rush even is, I can't find too much info!! Can anybody help me out?

Posted By: !
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

Hey bb. I am not a 100% sure who is doing rush but I know Kappa Kappa Gamma, Alpha Gamma Delta, Sigma Kappa, & probably Delta Gamma are. I would reach out to women in the chapters for details. We have a tabling at the MU right before rush to meet all the chapters who will be doing spring recruitment. And as for dates it is usually the second week of the semester however every chapter is slightly different. I really hope this helps and good luck :)

By: sorority

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
by: sorority life   

Delta Zeta also does cob!!

By: sorority life
by: Hi   

I heard that chapters that do cob only offer bids if someone in their chapter knows you and can get you a bid? Is that kinda true??

By: Hi
by: !   

That's so helpful thank you! I'm a sophomore but I have a high gpa, is spring Rush as serious as fall? I know in the fall some told me if I was a sophomore it might not be worth it to rush

By: !
by: Rush   

Cob bids are usually handed out to those who already know someone in a sorority, but that doesn't mean that this is always the case! Best bet would to be to contact Panhellenic and the individual chapters that you're interested in but that haven't put out any information yet. Go forward with and open mind and enjoy it, go Greek!

By: Rush
by: also   

even if a chapter does COB vs spring rush, if you email the president/ recruitment chair, you might get to meet over coffee or something (which is what I did), which helps if you don't know many people in that sorority :) and while it's not as serious as fall recruitment, it's important that you reach out now since sororities end their spring rush at different times

By: also
#2by:    

@hi yes and no. Most girls know someone if they do COB however you can email the president for informing about coffee dates or parties. Definitely come to the walk around.
@! Fall and spring are very different. In fall you have to go to every house and it is extremely formal. Spring is really calm and everything you do is up to you. You don't have to go to every house and there is no structure. It is very similar to fraternity fall rush. Also I know many sophomores who have rushed and have gotten bids in fall and in spring you should be totally fine.
I hope this helps you!!!!! :)

By: sorority
#3by:    

My advice is to check out the sororities doing Spring rush. If you are not 100% certain you love any of them then wait til next Fall- even as a junior. Better to find the right house then settle for one. Your choices are very limited in Spring and usually are the houses that had the most girls drop or didn't get a full pledge class. Might be a reason for that.

By: Advice
by: true, but   

while it is important to find a house you feel right in rather than settling, don't worry too much about comments like this that make it sound like there are exclusively negative reasons for a house to have spring rush. almost every chapter does some form of it - due to girls dropping, transferring, or graduating - and some are just more difficult to get in touch with/ take fewer girls. & it doesn't necessarily reflect the quality of the house or sisterhood. so definitely try it out and see what happens!

By: true, but
#4by:    

Thank you!! I'm definitely just going to go into it with an open mind and see what happens and how it goes!

By: !
#5by:    

if I want to find out more about a specific sororities spring rush how should I ask them? In person somewhere? Insta dm?

By: Gb

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.