facebook

just a thought

by: A Duke

Does anyone wonder why the more northern frats like KA and PIKE and northern sororities like SK and Tri Sig are considered "top"? No "southern" style fraternity/sorority is getting the same recognition I feel like. To me its just a preference thing, and kinda shows how many kids that go to JMU are more from the northern states than the kids who are actually FROM VA, if not more down in the south (which I don't think I have met anyone who was from any state south of VA in JMU).

Just bored in class and came across my mind.

Posted By: A Duke
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: maybe   

its a lot harder for in state kids in virginia to get into jmu than out of state, and typically (not all the time) the more outgoing and social kids from high school have lower grades so they tend to have to come from out of state i.e new jersey not VA. And obviously fraternities and sororities are looking for new members that are outgoing and social, plus no one from out of state to the south usually ends up at jmu.

By: maybe
by: agreeOct 15, 2014 2:24:45 PM

If you're from one of the main areas of Virginia, i.e. NOVA, Richmond and VA Beach it is very hard to get into the top VA in state schools, which are all some of the best in the country (UVA, WM, VT, JMU, GMU). If you're from one of those areas and you didn't have at least a 3.7 in high school with a ton of extracurriculars and sports you are not getting into JMU. Kids from out of state and even less populated areas of Virginia (Charlottesville, Roanoke-Lynchburg-Blacksburg-Christiansburg or the boondocks) have a much easier time getting into the better VA schools.

By: agree

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.