facebook

hazing/rushing

by:    

i know theres a know hazing policy through the school for rushing for sororities... but im sure the rules are totally not followed. just curious, what sororities are known to be worse than others? or like have more crazy stuff going on during rush? honestly i just want to be prepared it shouldnt effect anyones opinion of a house

Posted By: pnm
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

Panhellenic sororities don't haze. Anything that even remotely resembles hazing happens during Big/Little week. Every sorority does cute or funny things for their littles. Most involve half naked frat guys doing a little dance for the girls and giving them a gift. Girls who are easily embarrassed may not like it but it is all in good fun. 99% of hazing stories you will hear were made up by other sororities to make one sorority look bad.

By: Active
by: chakalaka   

Yes, the sororities are hazing right now, and not in a cute, girlie kind of way. ADPi and Alcoholic Phi, among others, force pledges to drink until they are helpless and/or sick, then parade them around so frat brothers can humiliate them.

By: chakalaka
#2by:    

"no panhellenic sororities haze" /sarcasm.

It definitely happens but I don't think anyone does anything truly awful. We all know the one house that has had trouble with it in the past but i doubt they would even try to do anything bad considering how much controversy they have around them.

By: well
#3by:    

Alpha phi was put on social probation two years ago for hazing. Some houses are 100% haze-free and then there are a few that still do it but much more discreetly.

By: Truthfully

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
#4by:    

alpha phi was put on sopro for hazing two years ago but the girls who were involved were older and have all graduated and the reason was a scavenger hunt which girls had to sign up for and pay to participate in. it was all voluntary but because of all of the rules panhellenic categorized it as hazing. AXO next door took pictures and reported them. honestly i agree that panehllenic sororities do not haze. sure they may do things like scavenger hunts which are considered "hazing" by the rules but not really to most people.

By: Guest
#5by:    

the top houses do haze, yes. i think everyone remembers the photo that circulated last year..

By: hm
#6by:    

Any "hazing" does NOT have to do with alcohol, that's what frats do
Hazing for sororities is nothing even remotely comparable to frats and I haven't even heard of anyone getting hazed. The one exception is the pi phi thing last year but it didn't sound too bad even seemed like a big-little week joke

By: Stop
by: u   

sorority hazing typically has to do with body shaming and alcohol

By: u
by: to u   

no, sorority hazing is recruitment.
& middle/lower houses don't haze cus they have less stereotypical "sorority girls" and if they were hazed they would drop. The most you're going to be "hazed" into drinking is a smirnoff ice

By: to u
#7by:    

Dg doesn't haze

By: nop

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.