facebook

sorority rankings

by: pred

There seems to be much debate about exactly where every house stands, but here's my opinion, of course some are interchangeable:

Pi Phi: Best all around, gorgeous girls who are really fun and just in general have "sparkling personalities", loved by frats, and have great relations with all houses on campus
DG: They've always been on top, yes gorgeous girls that all guys love, but tend to come off as uppity, however, by far one of the most well-known houses
Alpha Phi: Really pretty girls, seniors are drop-dead, but for a couple years now there's some turbulence that's lead to social-pro, and downhill relations with sororities especially. Some girls are nice, but collectively they're kinda the popular girl that no one really likes.
Theta: Solid, have risen a lot in the past couple years, has gotten great pledge classes that really moved them upward. Loved by fraternities, fun girls, but not as "out there" as last year.
KKG: Nothing bad to say about the house, this year they've changed a lot though, and in a good way. Expecting an even better pledge class next year, rising.
ADPi: Random, but doing well this year. Internal drama and fall rush problems have slowed them down, but surprisingly they're finishing the year strong. They'll probably rise more with the following pledge classes.
AXO: They were upper middle last year, but have fallen behind for some reason, known for being really sporty.
(contd)

Posted By: pred
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: pred   

Tri Delta: Known as the nice girls, but are becoming increasingly tame and mediocre. Also known for having a very strong sisterhood, and the best philanthropy.
G Phi: Also known as nice girls who really care about their house, however, just don't really have a strong presence on campus.

By: pred
#2  by: eh   

theta's not exactly loved by the fraternities to be honest, at least from what i've heard, nor are they loved by other sororities. i'd argue that theta is slipping, especially with their most recent pledge class.

By: eh
#3  by: aehaww   

in addition to that^^ I agree also that my sorority and my friend's dont really like pi phi either. we dont really know any of them while we know girls from all other houses who we like a lot. they dont get out much and are dry when we do talk to them.

By: aehaww
by: @aehawwJun 11, 2013 6:33:56 AM

so #4 and #5 are the same person just in case the same nickname and being 2 minutes apart didn't give it away.
never trust comments that were clearly written for the sole purpose of bashing another sorority.
sorry but theta's 2011 pledge class is hot enough to keep them up top, both them and pi phi are NOT slipping and in my experience the girls in both houses are fun and very well liked. just to prove the invalidity of comment 4 & 5 (and someone correct me if i'm wrong) pi phi was paired with one of the top two frats for every philanthropy this year. dont know if i'd rank them #1, but anyone who knows anything about ucsb greek life would say:
dg/pi phi
aphi/theta
kappa
ad pi/ a chi o
tri delt
g phi
if you don't know anything about ucsb greek life, each house has their own strengths (some less than others) and i would encourage you to form your own opinions about them separate from this website because 80% of the comments here are only formed to try and give a bad name to competing sororities

By: @aehaww
#4  by: Yea.   

I would say the original post is pretty darn accurate. It mentions that some rankings are interchangeable which is very true at ucsb. You will meet people who say dg is top and who say pi phi is top, there is no single evident top house because they are popular for different reasons.

By: Yea.
#5  by: ucsbgal   

A Chio O: Super sweet girls! They don't seem like they have very much spirit or care about the sorority all that much. But they are sporty and fun!
Tri Delta: Very genuine girls. Definitely tied with gphi for last place when it comes to social standards. However, they love each other.
G phi: Super nice girls and they are close as a house. They care about academics and the community which is important (but every house does). Great girls!

By: ucsbgal

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.