facebook

greek life

by: UCSBeeee

I'm a prospective student. In general, does Greek life rule at UCSB?

Posted By: UCSBeeee
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: mhm   

yes

By: mhm
#2  by: umm   

no. there is a street dedicated to parties....mhm is wrong.

By: umm
#3  by: mmm   

Greek life is important on campus but I would agree that its not as big of a deal here on campus. Its a great experience though! Join!

By: mmm
#4  by: Straight Up   

UCSB is a social school, but surprisingly Greek life rules. Yes Del Playa is a party street, but open parties really aren't that much fun unless you're super drunk and don't realize there are really just a lot of creepy old guys and hobos around you. What a lot of people don't know is that most sororities and fraternities have senior houses, or satellite houses on Del Playa. These are fun parties, with people you actually know when you're in the Greek system, and they have alcohol. Even though only about 11% of students participate in greek life, they still have a really big influence. Also, the greek housing is a lot nicer than you would expect for isla vista. If you're a guy, it's a lot more important because it is difficult for guys to party when they're in a fraternity, generally, only brothers are allowed in senior houses. Also, Fraternity chapter houses throw tons of parties too. Honestly, even though it's not for everyone, Greek life is one of the best ways to make friends and network at UCSB, especially if you're super in partying, but you make awesome friends too that you will have unbelievably fun times with. If you're even thinking about going Greek just rush and see how it works for you. Well I went a little off track but honestly over the couple of years I've been here it seems to have become a bigger deal.

By: Straight Up
#5  by: 11n   

i definitely think with UCSB becoming increasingly harder to get into, Greek life will become a much bigger deal and larger portion of the school than it is now. take a look at usc or ucla for example

By: 11n
#6  by: aeweouw   

greek life is growing rapidly. people will tell you it doesnt matter because the whole school/ IV as a whole is such a big party scene. This is somewhat true however there is a HUGE difference between greek life and GDI (non greek) life. Greek life is often classier, attracts the "big dogs" from high school, including the more attractive people, and is known for people who can better handle partying everyday and night WHILE getting the best jobs and grades. that being said, raging every tuesday and thursday night is purely greek life for the most part. week day parties dont happen regularly outside of greek life.

By: aeweouw
#7  by: truth   

Put quite simply, a UCSB Greek's life is 90 times more fabulous than the average Gaucho's. The choice is yours.

By: truth

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.