facebook

sorority expansion?

by:    

What are the chances that y'all will be open for sorority expansion in the next couple years? I'm only a junior in high school right now, but I'm a legacy to Delta Gamma, Sigma Kappa, Alpha Gamma Delta, and Delta Phi Epsilon (grandmother, mom, and two older sisters). My heart is set on Vanderbilt for college, but I've always wanted to join a sorority where I'm a legacy – especially DG or SK since that's where my mom and grandmother went. I'm sure I would find a great sisterhood here either way, but I was just wondering if y'all might be adding another sorority soon since there are fewer here than at most southern schools.

Posted By: pnm
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

DG was here a few years ago. Catastrophic fail. They won't be back. To your bigger question, university won't add anybody new until all existing chapters are regularly hitting quota, or if one of the existing chapters (AOPi or ADPi) pulls out.

By: OlderAlum
#2by:    

ADPi hasn't had any trouble hitting quota for quite some time... AOPi is the only one in trouble.

By: student

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
#3by:    

In DG's defense, there were barely enough PNMs for the established sororities to get decent pledge classes, so no new sorority stood a chance of doing well at the time. Unfortunately, there just weren't - and still aren't - enough good girls interested in Greek life. I don't think we'll be open to expansion until either more girls rush each year or Panhellenic decides to lower quota so that we can have more chapters here.

By: yeah
by: l   

>50% of the girls here are interested in greek life

By: l
by: What?   

Quota is not determined in advance. It's the number of PNMs at preference divided by the number of sororities, so it fluctuates with the number of people going through rush.

By: What?
#4by:    

Man some AXO must hate ADPI because they are always running ADPI down.

By: Serious
#5by:    

I would not be too hung up on bringing a new sorority to campus. When you get ot Vandy, take a look at the existing sororities. You may like what each one has to offer.

By: Suggestion....

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.