facebook

greek houses

by:    

Is it true that the administration is considering taking away all the Greek housing at Vandy? And if it happens how will it effect Greek Life? Will the chapters be allowed to find off campus housing? Without houses it seems like Greek life will fizzle out.

Posted By: Potential commodore
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

They're not proposing to take away the houses, but to make them nonresidential. Wouldn't be too huge a deal, really, since only officers live in them now - 6 people per house.

By: Not exactly
#2by:    

Houses would still be allowed, they would just be non-residential. This would also be a long way off, after the college halls system is completed.

By: .

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
#3by:    

Wouldn't be until long after any of us graduate

By: No
#4by:    

Auburn doesn't have houses and it sucks to not be able to live with your pledge class (my sister goes there) but Greek life is still really strong there. Since it sounds like most people don't live in the houses here anyways, it wouldn't be the end of the world and I'm pretty sure Greek life would not fade out of popularity.

By: hi
by: No   

A lot of people choose against Auburn when they have several options like Alabama, which has beautiful houses. It would hurt us!

By: No
#5by:    

greek life is going to die because admin is trying their best to get them kicked off, not because we won't be able to live in the houses

By: l
#6by:    

I wouldn't worry about the physical houses as much as Greek life overall. We just lost two of our strongest fraternities with huge history at Vandy. 5 years ago that wouldn't have happened.

By: Hmm
by: OlderAlum   

Not true, Hmm. It happens almost every year, and the "top houses" change almost as frequently. Not that long ago, AEPi was a total joke - maybe 20 members tops. Phi Psi used to be top tier. So did Sigma Nu. The sororities' reputations don't change that much. The guys are a revolving door, and always have been.

By: OlderAlum
by: m   

What happened to sig nu? Fraternities usually don't drop unless they got kicked off but I don't recall hearing about them being kicked off ever

By: m
by: YES...   

the "Revolving Door" effect is happening a lot to IFC at other schools. Maryland, Rutgers, Michigan, Florida, just to name a few are all experiencing the similar problems with fraternities getting shut down and fraternities colonizing/ re-colonizing over the last 5 years. It's a cycles that is happening way too often.

By: YES...

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.