facebook

getting a sorority bid?

by:    

How hard is it to get a bid at Vanderbilt? Is rush competitive? And are there sororities that won't want you if you are not from the South, and if so, which ones? Thanks in advance!

Posted By: hopeful
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

Look, the system at Vandy is very much not meant to cut you from the process entirely. As long as you're nice/not really incredibly weird and make everyone really uncomfortable, somebody will want you. Rush is kinda competitive I would say, especially when it comes to 'top houses' and such. but then again they mostly have their pledge classes picked by the time rush rolls around, so hey. I wouldn't say there are any houses that specifically say "We don't want anyone not from the south", although I would say that Theta, Tri Delt, and Chi-O tend to lean southern, and Kappa, KD, and Pi Phi tend to lean northern.

By: .

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
#2by:    

Honestly, if you don't get a bid as a girl, it's not as bad as you think. As long as you don't look deformed, you'll probably be able to get in almost every fraternity party or even date fraternity guys. The system is not as nice on non-greek guys

By: Guest

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.