facebook

rushing a fraternity as black

by: VU2014

I am going to rush next year. Will being black be a major obstacle? I have light skin and green eyes, if that helps.

Posted By: VU2014
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Honest   

You'll honestly have to be twice as good as everyone else to get a top house but it's not impossible. Current members want to find PNMs that they can relate to/see themselves in, so It's definitely harder, & anyone who says it's not is lying but just be outgoing and you'll be fine. ADPi, AXO, KD, and maybe ZTA are probably your best bets in terms of diversity.

By: Honest
by: vu2014Jul 24, 2015 2:27:04 PM

So basically I'm just the token black b itch. You all see me as inferior and not deserving. Thanks. I guess I will stay away from the greek system.

By: vu2014
#2  by: L   

Didn't know ADPi, AXO, KD, and ZTA were fraternities. Learn something new everyday

By: L
#3  by: L   

For fraternities, there are a number of minorities in Kappa Sig, Beta, Phi Delt, AEPi. You should have a shot at the lower tier fraternities regardless of current state anyway (ie Phi psi, fiji, pike)

SAE is all white but apparently because of the Oklahoma incident, nationals instituted some diversity thing so they might look to bid a minority to avoid any investigations

by: no Jul 24, 2015 2:25:48 PM

SAE has Miles. He's black.

By: no
by: LJul 27, 2015 1:56:40 AM

Miles who? If you're referring to Niles, he's in Beta not SAE

by: chrisJul 28, 2015 9:35:05 AM

SAE has some Middle Eastern dude.

By: chris
#4  by: This is crazy   

You will do just fine

By: This is crazy

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.