facebook

should i drop?

by:    

I really like the stat I'm in, but I'm not sure it's the best fit for me. While the girls in my pc seem really nice, I haven't been able to make any real connections with any of them. Is it too late to start making real friendships in the house? I'm starting to think I should drop, and I just want any opinions on whether or not this could be a good idea?

Posted By: pledge
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

I’d recommend waiting longer. A lot of girls go into sororities thinking that they will instantly become best friends with everyone else and that just isn’t the case. No one gets that close in a couple of weeks! You truly only need a couple of people that you like and I’m sure you could find some in any house

By: too soon
#2by:    

You can't expect to make your absolute best friends in two and a half weeks, it's just not realistic. Give it a little bit of time, especially since you said yourself that you really like where you are.

By: way too soon

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
#3by:    

One thing I don’t like about spring rush is that people make new friends in the fall and sometimes end up in different sororities, so in a sense it feels like starting over. Give it more time. Rush can be so overwhelming, and moreso if you didn’t get your first choice. Get more involved vs stepping back. It takes time but it’s worth it. Also, try to take social media with a grain of salt. People only post their ideal not always their real. Easy to think you are the only one, but you’re not. Hang in there and initiate some plans so you can get to know each other better!

By: Hi
#4by:    

It's also totally okay to reach out to your New Member Educator and let her know how you're feeling! It's her job to help you make those connections, because it's unrealistic to expect those friendships to just appear out of nowhere. There might be other girls in your PC that are feeling the same way, or there might be upperclassmen that you haven't met yet that you'd really connect with. If your NME is good at her job, she'll find those people for you. In my own experience, I didn't meet anyone that I really loved until big/little, then it wasn't until the end of the spring that I had settled into a friend group in the chapter, and even throughout the next fall I was still growing closer to the rest of my pledge class. It's so worth it, because the friendships that you build over a period of time are the probably the ones that are going to last the longest.

By: active
#5by:    

It honestly took me until my second semester in my sorority to actually make good friends and feel like I had a place there, so I can honestly say there isn't really a point at which it's 'too late' to make those relationships!! But the only reason I ended up making those relationships is because I stuck it out for the rough patch. My new member educator was super helpful when I talked to her and arranged for me to talk to an older girl who'd had the same issues when she joined and hearing her talk about getting from there to where she was when I talked to her was so helpful! Also idk what house you're in, but if you haven't done big/little yet, that's a game changer that instantly gets you closer to at least one girl + her friend group, and your big can do a lot to connect you with others in your pc too!

By: hang in there
#6by:    

I would stay stick with it, although no promises. I felt the same way you did last semester and thought it would get better, but it never really did. I never fully clicked with my house, but I still did make some good friends and overall am glad I didn't drop. It might not be everything you hoped, but just know that there are a lot of other people who didn't have the "perfect" experience

By: idk
#7by:    

agreed with other poster, getting a big was a game changer for me and made me feel so much more comfortable in the house i was in. she's way "cooler" than i am and her genuine friendship made me feel less out of place and more like i belonged and it was much easier to make friends after that

By: ya
by: Sorry...   

Big/Little Sis is sooooo overrated!!

By: Sorry...
#8by:    

Obviously you don't have a big!

By: uc
#9by:    

A few more will drop because they want a higher ranked sorority. Nothing new under the sun. Insecurities abound. Greek life is not life. Put it in perspective and branch out and get to know some more girls. Letters don’t define you. Don’t let your insecurities define you.

By: Here we go again

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.