facebook

rerushing as a sophomore

by:    

I dropped this year a few days after bid day because I truly felt that I was not meant to be in that sorority. How is re-rushing as a sophomore? In what ways is it different?

Posted By: frosh
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

Not sure how you knew you weren't meant for that sorority if you only gave it a couple days. Seems like you didn't give it a chance and just thought you deserved a higher tier house.

By: Idk
by: Eyeroll   

Or maybe she knows herself very well and once she got into things it was obviously not the right fit. Don't presume to know her or her situation. You're the same girls who think people on The Bachelor can really, honestly find true love. It's exactly the same as rush, if you think about it.

By: Eyeroll
#2by:    

Literally do not worry about what people say about rerushing/dropping after bid day. I rerushed this year and got a house that most would consider "top tier". As long as you keep your grades up, watch what you say about the house you dropped (word travels), and hope for the best rushing next year. You can also find friends in houses you liked and maybe they can vouch for you next year.

By: yourefine
#3by:    

It will be more competitive because houses don't take as many sophomores and so many girls dropped this year. If you got cut from the houses you wanted this year you will probs get cut again next year. Maybe you need to consider the fact that if you ended up bottom tier this year, it is probably where you belong.

By: Uhh
#4by:    

After a lot of thought last year, I dropped between pref and bid day - from the impressions I got throughout rush and people I knew in the chapter(s), I could tell I wouldn't be happy and didn't want to make them go through the trouble of all the bid day/week stuff for me when I knew I'd likely drop. This year I rushed again and ended up in a chapter I love so far, and know other sophomores that did too. However, I also know sophomores with many friends in the chapters they wanted who didn't end up joining anywhere. All this to say that it's definitely worth a shot, but be aware it might not work out.

By: Don't worry
#5by:    

I re-rushed as a sophomore and it still didn't work out this year. I preffed at a house that closer friends were in and another that I knew was not a good fit. While I felt more confident with the houses I got invited back to this year, I still ended up without a bid since I chose not to maximize. I think sophomores tend to have better luck than their freshman year, but it still cannot work out in the end sometimes. Name recognition and/or having basic friendships in multiple houses is very important and probably more so than having only 1-2 close friends in a few houses that you don't know as many girls in.

By: laur

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
#6by:    

It is just as much of a crap shoot. Some girls got their first choice re-rushing and others got cut again. And it wasn’t necessarily the girls you’d expect getting bids or getting cut. So there are some very happy and some very disappointed sophomores. If you’re dropping in hopes of a top house don’t assume your friends can pull you in. It’s more complicated than that. And the “not a good fit” is usually code for I think I deserve a higher ranked sorority. The irony is that all the houses are more random than they appear, with a mix of cool and no so much. ALL

By: Ok

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.