facebook

cob

by:    

Which sororities are doing COB?

Posted By: DG
Page 1 of 2
#1by:    

They don't even know that themselves yet - it depends on the size of their pledge classes through regular rush. In terms of what's typical, usually it's AOPi and either or both of AXO and ADPi, and then usually one more - this fall it was Zeta, last spring it was Pi Phi (but they only took one and I'm pretty sure they did it for a very specific person or group of people so don't expect much)

By: Too Early
by: Yes   

^this

And just because they can doesn’t mean they will. Theta could have and didn’t.

By: Yes
#2by:    

do any sororities do super informal rush, like before COB??

By: jw
by: no   

not unless they're willing to snap bid which Is super unlikely

By: no
by: actually   

i wouldn't be surprised if some want to this year just based on the high number of girls that dropped this year/missed rounds of recruitment, but not all houses have policies allowing that

By: actually
by: well   

but I don't think any houses will unless they really reallyy loved someone and it somehow didn't work out in the system

By: well
by: Why   

Why did so many drop?

By: Why
by: girl   

girls can't swallow their arrogance and accept that not everyone is top tier lol

By: girl
by: sophy   

@girl not everyone is worried about being top tier damn. some girls who dropped last year even ended up at top tier houses this year...

By: sophy
#3by:    

Which houses did not meet quota?

By: fb
by: rush   

AOPi. Most, if not all others made quota, which was lower this year anyways due to the large number of drops.

By: rush
by: huh   

What was quota this year?

By: huh
by: Pan   

By: Pan
#4by:    

How many people dropped?

by: I think   

At least 40 before pref round started, probably another 40 to 50 between distribution of pref schedules and bids being opened

By: I think
by: just saying   

I'm literally so so tired of all these girls complaining about not getting top tier houses and dropping even though they had others. I am one of several people I know that would be happy to be in almost any house, but got dropped from every house before pref.

By: just saying
by: ya   

cob is a great option so many girls go through format recruitment and it can get rough, but cob gets a more personal level of actually interacting with chapters

By: ya
#5by:    

Who is doing COB and when do we hear info about it ? So us that are too mediocre for greek life can possibly get a bid lol

By: Hmm
by: dw   

Chapters find out today whether or not they can do COB, and they usually receive a list of girls who dropped recruitment and are eligible. Chapters will generally reach out to girls they want directly.

By: dw
by: vandy   

Don’t be discouraged from doing it by the above. still go if you’re interested!!!

By: vandy
by: dw   

^just meant it’s not in your best interest to obsessively email the recruitment chair of the sorority you want because you heard they’re doing COB. But if you know a house is giving out a decent number of bids, definitely pop by an open house, ask girls in the chapter you may know to bring you to events etc! Even if they’re only giving out a few bids and have people in mind, asking sisters about COB can’t hurt

By: dw
#6by:    

i really encourage as many girls as possible to go through cob. there's nothing to lose! cob is so much less stressful than formal recruitment and you can see a less structured, more transparent view of the house. also, if you rushed to begin with, you're probably looking for a sisterhood and the sorority experience, so remember to prioritize that over a sorority's letters/reputation.

By: do cob
#7by:    

Is it worth it to do COB when so few people get accepted? It seems like only 5-10 new members get accepted after COB each fall.

By: aaa
by: spring   

Spring cob is a little different because it’s close enough to formal recruitment that you’ll be integrated into that pc pretty quickly- probably before initiation.

By: spring
by: So   

does anyone know which houses are doing COB yet?

By: So
by: @So   

Kappa, Zeta, AXO, and AOPi are eligible

By: @So
#8by:    

what's this about spring COB?

By: help
by: panhel   

Any house that has less than 163 members is eligible for spring COB, and then in the fall a new campus total will be set which will determine which houses are eligible for fall COB. If you dropped recruitment early or didn’t rush at all, now would be a great time to reach out to sorority women that you know or email recruitment chairs. Chapters don’t like being under chapter total, so they’ll want to get this process done quickly and discreetly.

By: panhel
#9by:    

so literally emailing recruitment chairs???

By: wait

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
by: cob   

last year, someone the office of greek life sent out an email to girls who dropped rush early/were eligible for cob listing the houses that would be doing it and their recruitment chairs emails. i wouldn't necessarily email yet because houses might be eligible for cob but choose not to do it (like zeta last spring i believe). but if you have friends in the houses it definitely wouldn't hurt to mention you might be interested, and once houses are confirmed to do cob you can email the recruitment chair to say you're interested and they'll invite girls to like casual open-house events

By: cob
by: fb   

Do you know how soon they will send out the emails?

#10by:    

it's absolutely worth doing cob! much more informal and natural than formal recruitment and you'll get a sense of how well you'll fit in more easily. i can only speak for my chapter, but there is absolutely no stigma for girls who have come in through COB either semester and they will be well integrated before they know it! even if there are limited spaces try it out, someone has to get them

By: cob
by: pmn   

How will people know about COB activities? Will the houses contact them, or will there be announcements made to all who indicated interest?

By: pmn
by: uhm   

how do we indicate interest??

By: uhm
by: @pnm   

either email their VP recruitment when an email about general COB goes out, or ask someone you know in the chapter about any upcoming COB events! most chapters send out invites, but take suggestions from active members for who they go to

By: @pnm

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.