facebook

rush

by: Pnm

Do people look down upon girls who drop out of rush and rerush as a sophomore? Also, is it going to be weird talking to girls who you were friends with before rush if you get dropped from their house?

Posted By: Pnm
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Ehh   

I wouldn't say look down but personally I think it shows you weren't open about the process and probably thought you were too good for certain house that you didn't even give it a chance which isn't great

By: Ehh
#2  by: Soph   

Hi, i am a sophomore who dropped before bid day, and I can honestly say dropping was the right choice. I am rerushing now and I have a lot more options at houses where my friends are.

By: Soph
#3  by: nah   

generally it looks better to leave the process than drop after bid day, plus you can do fall rush

By: nah
#4  by: Hi   

Finish the process and drop before initiation if still not happy, but give it a chance. A lot can change with a pc. If you drop, do so without any drama and don’t talk bad about any sororities. There is a sophomore quota so you can rush again next year, but will have to remain equally open minded. Most friendship circles grow to include new friends, not exclude old friends. The exception is that some sororitys have a really close sisterhood and will just naturally do more together. Greeklife isn’t necessary for girls to have fun at Vandy.

By: Hi
#5  by: bt   

I agree to go all the way through rush and drop before initiation if it isn't working out. You may decide you like the sorority, and if not, you know you will have given it your best shot. Plenty of girls go through rush again as sophomores and have a positive outcome.

By: bt
#6  by: Xyz   

Rushing as a sophomore hardly ever works out. The sororities keep their notes from the previous years, so you’ll get similar results. Even if you make a lot of friends in one chapter, that’s no guarantee. I personally lived with a certain sorority’s VP, went Christmas shopping with the president, and knew the entire sophomore pledge class, and was cut. Know that no matter how many people you know, it’s still not the entire chapter, and you’re working with a more competitive sophomore bquota.

By: Xyz
#7  by: Imo   

Well-known sophomores are just as likely to get cut (if not more) than transfers and freshmen, because chances are, while you may now have more friends in the sorority, you probably also have people who dont like you and will tell the recruitment team that. Most recruitment teams would rather just cut the person than risk potential drama for someone that some of the current members might not like, regardless of how many other friends she has in the sorority

By: Imo
#8  by: Doesnt Matter   

I wouldn't worry about dropping. There were a decent amount of sophomores who dropped last year, and those girls still are all friends with sororities girls and get invited to everything.

By: Doesnt Matter
by: not exactlyJan 21, 2018 4:49:30 PM

That isn't really true. There were dozens of girls who dropped, and there are only a handful of GDIs who get invited to top frats and are friends with top tier sorority girls. Those girls were also already well known and attractive so they didnt need a sorority in the first place like most other girls.

By: not exactly
by: uhJan 21, 2018 6:51:46 PM

@not exactly not everything is about being top tier and in no way did @doesnt matter reference that?? your friends won't leave you just because you dropped rush. you will still go to the same events and go out together, they just may be making new friends in their pc and hanging out with them as well. yes, there are events that are exclusive to certain houses, but in no way will your opportunities to go out change that much from the fall. if anything you can meet people in your friends' pc's and get to hangout with them as well!

By: uh

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.