facebook

sorority lists

by:    

If I know for a fact that I'm on the list of one of the top tier sororities and I do well in rounds does that mean I'm most likely in ? I Have close friends as well as acquaintances within the sorority

Posted By: Q
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

It’s more complicated than that.
-legacies that make it to pref
-houses rank and vote differently
-rush chair
-return rates
-PNM pref/mutual selection
-RFM, quota and parity
-the computer algorithm

If you have an in house relative you should be safe. If you are a legacy, each house defines differently, and you make it to the end rounds then you are safe. If you are the top of their list, you should be safe but legacies who keep going fill up the top. After that it depends how they ranked you, how you ranked them, and how the other PNMs and houses ranked each other. It’s a complicated algorithm.

Every year there are PNMs with connections and high hopes who don’t end up in their first choice, and the sorority sisters who wanted them are just as upset. Every year there are PNMs who slipped through the algorithm cracks in an effort to make sure all the houses make or get close to quota. As many matches as possible are made but there are cases that make no sense to PNMs or sororitys. There was a PNM last year that two top houses wanted and she preffed them 1 and 2 and ended up in neither. One of the houses contacted GLO but there were no answers or solutions. It happens.

Don’t put all your eggs in one basket.

By: Well

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
by: huhh   

confused bc I thought if you maximized your options on your bid card you were guaranteed a bid from one of the houses. How did she not get a bid?

By: huhh
by: Hey   

Yeah I'm defitnely trying to keep my options open. There are several houses that I like and ones that wouldn't mind being in.

By: Hey
#2by:    

It was after round 3. If you go to pref and maximize you will, but still no guarantee you’ll get your top choice. And no guarantee you’ll go to pref with two you want. If you have 5 on sisterhood, you could end up with your last two on pref. Just be open minded. You can always drop before initiation if it really isn’t a fit.

By: @huhh

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.