facebook

what are the "bottom tier" chapters actually like?

by:    

I really want to rush (I'm a freshman) but the more popular chapters seem to be filled with super extroverted people who party a ton and I really want a more chill experience. Everyone only seems to ever talk about the "top 3" or "top 5" chapters or whatever on here but what are the rest actually like?

Posted By: freshman
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

The top 5 are filled with similarly outgoing girls for the most part, but there are different girls in every sorority. "Bottom tier" is such a stupid label because all of the sororities are filled with great girls who care about Greek life and sisterhood. The only sorority that struggles is AOPi with numbers. Go through rush with an open mind and during the rounds see who you feel the most comfortable with. You should get a better sense as the rounds progress. Do not worry about tiers as discussed online because if you are joining for sisterhood you will find it in all sororities. Tiers sometimes have more to do with socializing then quality, and they are more of a thing online than in real life. Get offline if you have to, be true to yourself and have fun!

By: Ignore
by: bets   

Go through recruitment and find a house where you actually like the people. We are so lucky that we have solid houses across the board. If socializing isn't your top priority then that is fine and you will find a house with a mix that meets your priorities. Don't get sucked into the ratings/rankings as they are so misleading, especially for people that aren't interested in being out all the time. As @ignore said above the label 'bottom tier' is totally misleading and absolutely wrong. I almost think we should tier based solely on party activity as the quality of members is absolutely consistent across the system. This tiering won't happen but truly I think its one of the last remaining differences.

By: bets
#2by:    

Kappa and Pi Phi have the biggest party reps, but Kappa more sororityty and Pi Phi more fratty
Theta and Tri Delt have a mix of girls who party and don't
KD is kind of a Kappa light
Chi O has a type
Zeta, ADPi and AXO all have a mix of fun, nice, chill girls
AOPi is probably the most introverted

This is not in order or ranked, just listed based on OPs question

By: VG
#3by:    

The only difference is attractiveness. You get all kinds of personalities in all houses

By: l

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
by: no   

the difference is in how they socialize and conform

By: no
#4by:    

That label of bottom tier sucks. There are some of the nicest, most attractive girls in these houses.

By: Stop
#5by:    

These houses are underrated!!!!!!

By: Alphas
by: Agree   

They really are. Don't march for and then rank other women. Hypocritical. And don't confuse extraverted with "top." Your social inclinations don't make you better, just different. PNMs - Seriously do not make decisions based on shallow criteria. Meet girls, be yourself, and make decisions based on sisterhood and where you will feel the most comfortable. It's about the sisterhood, not impressing others who really don't care.

By: Agree
#6by:    

What would you say about each fraternity? Not description in tiers, but a description like given above for the sororities?

By: And frats
by: frats   

FIJI- not sure if they're bottom of middle or top of bottom. have declined in recent years, don't really have a loud campus presence/social scene. no defining identity, a little similar to ato

DTD- basically a student government org. the "anti-frat." kids suck for the most part. mix with a lot of sororities, but don't go here if you're looking to join a traditional house

Phi Psi- really did well last year, got a very large pledge class for them. was once considered the worst house by far on the row, but now they've improved. still not good, but not as bad as they used to be

Pike- no house and getting in trouble has really hurt them. have some kids who are somewhat dtd-like, and others who aren't. did well a while back and have some solid kids, but having no house probably limits how good they can be

KA- last year was a complete disaster for them, almost thrown off. current seniors/juniors suck, not sure if they have sophomores. the phi delt merger is a game changer for them, basically saves their house. huge house, if they merge they'll be relevant for sure (solely bc of phi delt).

Phi Kapp- no house, recently founded. virtually no campus presence, definitely the bottom house right now. nice kids though

By: frats
#7by:    

Please don't listen to the labels "top 3", "top 5", or even according to others "top 6", or "bottom 3". Anyone who uses these terms has personal confidence issues. All houses have wonderful members!

By: Smart
#8by:    

I ended up joining one of the "top 3" sororities (which is such a dumb label btw) but some of my really good friends are in axo and adpi. Some of them were initially upset when they got it, but once they gave it a chance they absolutely loved it! There are still a lot of really fun girls in these chapters that go out and have fun. In pretty much every sorority here there are a wide mix of girls, so where ever you end up I strongly believe that you can find people you like and get along with. My advice is to just trust the rush process, because many people were upset when they were cut from the "top houses" but ended up being much happier in the house they ended up in than they would have been in the "top houses."

By: sorority girl
#9by:    

Bump

By: Yo

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.