facebook

rushing as a sophomore

by: soph.transfer

Hi,
I am an incoming transfer student and I definitely want to rush. I was wondering how likely it is to get a bid from a top tier sorority as a transfer student and if it is more competitive.

Posted By: soph.transfer
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: @soph.transfer   

No one can tell you your chances during recruitment. We do not know you. Do you know yourself?

You must define and conquer 'competitive' for yourself. What skills and graces are you bringing to your new sorority home? Will you be worthy of wearing the sorority pin you desire?

Understand that you will be meeting greek students (male and female) all Fall who will want to be friendly toward you before rush. Many students know one another and as they befriend you, word will likely spread about your on-and-off-campus character and manners--nothing untoward, just their honest surveillance of the eligible student body.

The idea of your limiting recruitment invitation acceptance to perceived Top Houses Only is highly discouraged. Please take every opportunity of recruitment interaction with our panhellenic women. You never know with whom you may make good acquaintance toward future non-sorority endeavors!

The correct time for completely dropping from recruitment, should you so desire, must occur only after you have attended all your pref party invites but before your MRABA is signed. This is honest and fair to both you and to our sororities.

By: @soph.transfer
#2  by: up   

Read the thread about ACar...its a cautionary tale about thinking about how to approach recritment as a transfer. Hint: the path described in your post sounds awfully similar to the way ACar approached things and we all know how that turned out. Keep an open mind but if you don't you will be cut quickly and HARD.

By: up
#3  by: .   

agree. keep an open mind and youll be fine. tiers literally dont matter so I would get that out of your head asap

By: .
#4  by: rush   

It'll be harder to get into any house (definitely not impossible but definitely need to get to know girls in the houses before) because every house will only take the required number of upperclassmen, no more than that. So it's the other non-freshmen you'll be up against, make connections early.

By: rush
by: @rushAug 28, 2017 7:40:17 AM

Knows what she's talking about

By: @rush

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.