facebook

bottom 5 houses and differences between them?

by: curious

What do y'all think the bottom half sororities are? And how exactly are they different from one another?

Posted By: curious
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: vandygreek   

The "bottom" houses are typically considered to be Chi O, Zeta, ADPi, AXO, and AOPi.

Chi O - Christian, southern reputation, though this wavers depending on pledge class. Tend to rush a very specific group of girls, almost pre-set - difficult to get a bid if you aren't on their radar. Some of the nicest, classiest girls I have ever met.

Zeta - Very unique group. Relatively new, but finding its niche - still a wide range of girls (some very involved in VSG, etc.). For some reason they had a lot of girls in this new pledge class drop. The Zetas I know are very quirky and driven.

ADPi - Pretty wide range of girls as well, similar to AXO but generally considered to have more "typical sorority girls." Chill, fun girls, becoming more involved in the Greek community.

AXO - Similar to ADPi, but more "alternative." Is developing a national reputation for being more socially active (their nationals recently announced that they would allow transgender women to join). Very fun, feisty group of girls.

AOPi - Very sweet, kind girls. Somewhat awkward reputation, not necessarily the best conversationalists so it can be difficult to get a great impression during rush, but genuinely nice girls who have a wonderful sisterhood.

To those rushing: don't be too quick to cross these houses off your list. If one of them is the right fit and you end up there, you will get a wonderful sorority experience from any of these houses. Greek life at Vandy really is what you make of it.

By: vandygreek
#2  by: Please read   

^^ @vandygreek is 100% correct. I hope PNM genuinely keep an open mind. This will lead to a fantastic Greek life experience. It's not about the letters, it's about fun times and sisterhood.

By: Please read
#3  by: No   

ChiO is not one of the "bottom" 5 houses. Not even close!

By: No
by: What?May 13, 2017 6:55:14 PM

I know. Doesn't make sense. The bottom have always been the Alpha houses.

By: What?
by: pay attentionMay 13, 2017 7:58:59 PM

OP asked for a bottom five, not a bottom three. Chi O is not considered one of the "top five," so.....

By: pay attention
#4  by: Hmm   

The wording from the OP is unfortunate. It gives such a negative connotation to the houses this pertains to

By: Hmm
#5  by: Qt   

Please ignore the few unhappy trolls that dominate this site. They don't represent the Greek life st Vandy

By: Qt
by: SeroiuslyMay 21, 2017 10:29:28 PM

Free rein for trolls

By: Seroiusly

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.