facebook

sorority rankings???

by: senior

im a hs senior from maine so i know nothing about the greek life at vandy. which sororities are top/low tier and what are the ? I'm just wondering bc i want to know more about it going in, going to try to not let it affect my thinking during rush

Posted By: senior
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Vandy   

Definitely take this site with a grain of salt, especially (self)rankings, because in reality people mix and are friends regardless of letters as most friendships begin to form before rush. Plus you won't live in houses so you keep the old friends and make some new friends. Letters don't change much.

Social and Outgoing: Kappa, KD, Theta, Tri Delt and Pi Phi
Alpha order. Similar girls in most of these houses and friends with each other. There's a lot of self-ranking among these but honestly be open minded to all five if you're pretty outgoing. They all have extremely high return rates throughout rush so don't discount any of them based on GR or tent talk or you may be disappointed.

Unique: Chi O, Zeta
Chi O has a type and can be competitive in that way. Some of the nicest girls and known for great sisterhood. Zeta is the newest sorority and is a solid option, especially for outgoing girls who want to help it get more established.

Open Minded: ADPi, AOPi, AXO
Some really cool and nice girls, although maybe a little less outgoing or under the radar. ADPi and AXO seem to cross rush a bit. AOPi has lower return rates during rush and struggles a bit more, but they have some really nice girls and there's a place for everyone at Vandy.

Regardless, girls have it pretty easy socially at Vandy. Parties are open and you'll have friends among various sororities.

By: Vandy
by: VandyApr 15, 2017 1:10:56 PM

Sorry, meant to alpha order first five. Almost forgot Pi Phi and added at end without alphabetizing.

By: Vandy
by: Secret SisterApr 17, 2017 11:06:01 PM

Interesting way of ranking that does not tear anyone down. Everything you said sounds true to me. Great post!

By: Secret Sister
by: YesApr 29, 2017 10:01:32 PM

This is so true

By: Yes
by: @VandyAug 18, 2017 7:55:40 AM

Yes

By: @Vandy
by: YesAug 20, 2017 7:34:13 AM

^^^

By: Yes
#2  by: owly   

True womanhood is sometimes achieved by discounting the unworthy. Rank has many definitions, including a stink so foul it is not desired. If you know not the ranking within our alleged tiers, how does knowing help when you claim an open mind? Be the pnm who leads a clean recruitment, pleasing all and tainting none. Join freely and unselfishly.

By: owly
#3  by: rank   

Technically, I would say it's

Kappa
Theta
Tri delt

Pi phi
KD
Zeta
Chi O (some may say Chi O above Zeta, but I disagree)

Adpi
Axo (some may say axo over adpi, but again, I don't think so, especially after the latest PC)
Aopi

However, the other user who said that there is a lot of mixing is definitely correct. I have friends in every sorority, from kappa to aopi because due to spring rush, everyone makes friends in the fall and that doesn't really change because of rush, so don't put too much importance on rush.

By: rank
by: LolApr 16, 2017 1:37:50 PM

Technically this is self-ranking OP has been warned about. There's a small group of posters on GR who post this over and over. A lot is based on the past but just isn't playing out during rush or post rush anymore. In reality ONLY Kappa got the top of their list. The other four had to dig deeper to fill their pcs after pref. Theta didn't meet quota. The gaps just aren't there with the first five even if you need to order them, unless it's Kappa, gap, the other four. These girls are mostly in the same social circles with different letters. The rest of the ranking is just splitting hairs. They attract different girls. Just meet people in the fall and then just rush with an open mind because the sorority you pledge will not have much impact on anything at Vandy. It can be so random to the point it becomes somewhat meaningless.

By: Lol
by: TruthApr 16, 2017 2:47:48 PM

Kappa

Theta
Tri Delt
KD

Pi Phi
Chi O
Zeta

ADPi
AXO
AOPi

By: Truth
by: TruthierApr 16, 2017 3:37:27 PM

And this sub-thread is why you can't believe any self-rankings. And don't blame sororities because it's just a few people on greekrank.

By: Truthier
by: @LolApr 16, 2017 7:41:03 PM

There's pretty much a general consensus on which sororities are on the better end of the spectrum and which are not. There will be slight variation based on who is ranking (ie self ranking) but the final result is still pretty much the same

By: @Lol
by: YeahApr 16, 2017 9:12:35 PM

The general consensus seems to be there are more sororities on the "better end of the spectrum" than a small handful of self-ranking posters try to perpetuate. Kappa killed it. The other four were pretty interchangeable but still great. The rest had more low key girls, not worse girls. Let's leave high school in the past.

By: Yeah
#4  by: depends   

Post categorizing is more accurate than ranking.

"It can be so random to the point it becomes meaningless."

^this

By: depends
#5  by: poo   

Read the cautionary tale @anncar.... Seriously don't focus on tiers as it will lead you down the wrong path.

By: poo
#6  by: 3   

Ok but to all those people saying "stop ranking this js so high school", why are you on the website Greek RANK?

By: 3
by: WellApr 19, 2017 5:33:36 PM

Greek Rank itself says it's a place to learn about and interact with greek life, and forums are a place to ask questions about a particular college, have current discussions, etc. It also has a place to rate sororities and fraternities on several criteria. It kind of is high school bs to just self-rank based on which you pledged. Are people really that insecure? It's cool that there are people telling the truth to PNMs. Vandy rush can be random with friend groups going in different directions based on a random contact from high school. It's just not that meaningful when it's so random. Lots of cool girls in many sororities. They stay friends and don't start ranking each after bid day.

By: Well
by: AgreeApr 20, 2017 9:36:31 AM

@well nicely said!

By: Agree
#7  by: It happens   

Unfortunately ranking is not going to go away. Certain types of people will always be into it. It's their insecurities that make ranking so important and definitely a personal issue.

By: It happens
#8  by: welcome   

bumping

By: welcome
#9  by: Really   

Senior from Maine - you are obviously going to let rankings affect your decision during rush. You started this stupid thread

By: Really
#10  by: bump   

bump

By: bump

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.