facebook

religious sororities

by:    

I was wondering how religious XO actually is. My mom is a XO and I am planning on rushing here next year and would love to be a XO but I'm an atheist. Would I be accepted/happy or would I be an outsider if I wasn't religious

Posted By: ?
Page 2 of 2
#11by:    

Say a prayer....seriously you will feel very uncomfortable with this group. Meet other houses and keep an open mind. Just say no to the holy rollers at XO.

By: up
#12by:    

There is a huge religious slant to this house. It's a great fit for a certain type.

By: Honest
#13by:    

My niece rushed last year. She is from the Midwest which automatically made her unattractive to a couple groups who like to think they're "Old South". She was a Chi O legacy through my sister, her mom. But said after the second day: she felt welcome everywhere except Chi O--that's the truth.
So she asked her mom what to do; my sister told her to make her own decisions, so she cut them before they cut her.
She had a great rush, went back to 3 parties and pledged a house considered top 2.
I finally asked her to describe the Chi Os st Vandy in a few words. This is what she said: "prissy Bible-beaters."

Hope this helps somebody.

By: ALUM
by: lol   

lol you're not an aunt. get a life

By: lol
by: @alum   

Chi o wasn't a fit for her. No biggie..so why add the insults. You are sad!

By: @alum
#14by:    

Chi O is a great sorority. They have a type moreso than others and are some of the nicest girls. If it's not a fit, there are 9 others to consider.

By: V
by: LL   

Chi o has a particular type of girl they click with. It's a great sorority but it is also very religious. Now is the time to be meet people and decide for yourself which houses seem like a fit and not rely on Greek rank. Too many trolls

By: LL
#15by:    

There are really sweet girls in this house but there are also self rankers just like all the other houses. They do have a fantastic sisterhood and have an amazing average GPA. But religion is a huge part their core.

By: Yes
#16by:    

If you aren't religious I would look at other houses

By: Hi
#17by:    

hello i am a vandy chi o and an atheist. we exist. i have friends in my sorority, some religious, some not.

my religious friends don't care that i don't go to RUF.

I think chi o gets the jesus reputation bc some many girls meet PNMs thru religious life activities and then the cycle continues.

By: hootie hoo

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
by: @hootie hoo   

There may be a few non religious people in this sorority but religion is a huge indentity this house. Prayers before and after meetings, praying on issues etc. Its not a negative but this house isn't for everyone. Thats all. It's a great house for a certain type.

By: @hootie hoo
by: not exclusive   

Any young woman interacting with other students on campus and/or attending sorority recruitment is welcome to form her own opinion regarding any sorority house and its members. One sorority home hosting initiated members from differing religious backgrounds is not unheard of in the 21st century. The ability of a woman to tolerate living among women with ANY background differences from her own upbringing can immensely enhance her future personal horizons.

By: not exclusive
by: hootie hoo   

we uh....don't pray that much. part of the chi o chapter, nationally, is a prayer, but that's literally the only time I can think of that we do it. even then, it's dictated by nationals, not our own exec.

By: hootie hoo

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.