facebook

religious sororities

by:    

I was wondering how religious XO actually is. My mom is a XO and I am planning on rushing here next year and would love to be a XO but I'm an atheist. Would I be accepted/happy or would I be an outsider if I wasn't religious

Posted By: ?
Page 1 of 2
#1by:    

And posted on Chi Omega's 122nd birthday, too.

By: XO
#2by:    

Atheist and XO are mutually exclusive

By: Ha
#3by:    

there are plenty of non-religious girls in chi o here! also the younger pledge classes are a lot less conservative and moving away from the super religious stereotype.

By: chi o
#4by:    

What does your mother the chi-o say?

By: ask
by: probably   

Hootie-hoot.

By: probably
by: and   

Hardly.

By: and
by: and   

WATCH what you say.

By: and
#5by:    

Prayers over all meals and before and after meetings. Enough said. God BLESS!

By: tot
#6by:    

I think there are other houses you would be more comfortable in from a religion standpoint. I think you could have a talk with your mother about sorority rush during the summer at some point. I am sure that she wants you to end up in a house you feel happy and comfortable more than you to be a legacy. Good luck!

By: Secret Sister
#7by:    

ChiO is very religious. Not a bad thing but not for everyone.

By: Amen
by: Good   

I'm an incoming freshman and my faith is very important to me. Since I read that ChiO pretty much does their own thing and rushes friends, how can I meet more of them before rush

By: Good
by: Eaay   

Go to church ^^

By: Eaay
by: true   

And go to class. Have class. Chi Os look for it.

By: true
by: Okay   

Salty!

By: Okay
by: @good   

Get involved in activities you like. You'll meet girls in class and through activities. There are also other faith-based groups on campus and a good amount of students who go to church regularly. Just be yourself and you'll find your place. There are a couple of posters on GR who are not representative of Vandy.

By: @good
by: godless   

To meet more XO's simply say a prayer and they will appear. Seek and ye shall find! This is a seriously hard core religious group so make sure you are similar or you will be very very very uncomfortable. Better yet, if you don't understand the phrase, 'to pray over a decision', then this house is NOT for you. Good luck and GOD bless.

By: godless
#8by:    

You will meet people all fall. @good right, be yourself and get involved in things you actually like.

By: xo
#9by:    

I have a bunch of friends in chi o, some religious, most are not (or not much). We go out all the time together and are great friends. The non religious friends say that there are drfinutely a lot of people from the religious orgs kn campus in chi o, and people will def brig up things like bible study from time to time, but no one will be preachy with you/care if you are religious or not. So basically in chi o you would def see a lot of people who care ahout religion, byt especially with the new pledge classes, they are also people who like to go out, have a good time, and are just overall nice people. So basically as long as you are okay with people talking about religion sometimes around you (asking who is going to RUF that week etc but not preachy) then you will not feel uncomfortable.

By: Hi
by: Not quite true   

I have friends in Chi o also and to say that most are not religious isn't true. There are a few who aren't but that's not the majority. Use the fall to meet people and then decide if this is the house for you.

By: Not quite true
by: K   

Been there and it gets pretty weird when the entire group starts talking bible stuff

By: K
#10by:    

The word some use to define Chi Omegas is civil. A lot of pnm women are swept off their recruitment feet by The Chi Omega Recruitment Mystique, but repeated visits to XO may not get pnms any closer to truly caring about the women of XO. Some form the opinion "I LOVE Chi O, I WANT Chi O, but I will never join that house because I can't quite socially break thru and get to know them even though they are all CIVIL and DECENT women."

By: define

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.