Kappa/Theta/Tri Delt

Pi Phi/KD
Zeta/Chi O

AXO/Adpi
Aopi

Posted By: SEC
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

Honestly this is so stupid and not even real. This is so GR fabricated for people who are insecure and need validation. All the tedious ordering, slashes and gaps. Is this really what people need to feel good about themselves? To make sure others are beneath them in a fabricated hierarchy on an anonymous forum? And what exactly is it based on? If you say it on GR over and over, it must be true.

By: Oh Please
by: um   

If you don't want to see rankings of Greek houses, don't come on Greek Rank. That's literally what this site is.

By: um
by: Actually    

@um GR promotes rankings in the ranking section based on several criteria including brotherhood/sisterhood, involvement, etc. but the anonymous nature renders those pretty biased while the forums devolve into a stepchild of juicycampus. Every few threads has the "real" rankings with no meaningful context because there is none applied. It's pretty much the same thread over and over by the same people over and over. GR has another stated purpose which is a forum to ask questions, which is another and valid reason people come on GR.

By: Actually
by: bs   

80-90% based on what? Days gone by? What people want to be true? Post on return rates is on point. Girls and sororities rank each other in real life after rounds. And, where did you pull this out of>>"The most consistent changes is between KD/pi phi/chi o and zeta/axo/adpi"? Did you just make that up? Theta experienced some changes as Kappa got a lot of the girls they cross rushed--stereotypical girls that used to go Theta. Pledge classes do make a difference because they can influence future recruitment. Tri Delt and Pi Phi looked strangely similar this year, so it's not surprising how many of those girls are close friends with each other. And KD is benefitting from Kappa casting a wider net. Such a strong pledge class will certainly help them next year. Chi O is so in it's own category not sure what changes you're referring to. They do a great job with a pretty specific group of great PNMs. On this site, rank is a debate in a vacuum. Recruitment speaks louder.

By: bs
#2by:    

Pi phi is not over KD. KD got one of the best pledge classes this year. KD got girls that were going Kappa and Tri Delt.

By: Lol
by: Feel better?    

Congratulations on KD! They do have a great PC, as does Pi Phi, Tri Delt and Kappa. And, many of the girls in all of those are friends with each other, even though they now wear different letters.

By: Feel better?
by: Stop   

Zeta is not equal to chi o either. Zeta has a lot of work to do to compete with chi o, which consistently has the highest average GPA , a long tradition at Vandy, strong campus involvement, and solid recruitment year after year.

By: Stop
by: Seriously @stop?   

This is exactly the point of the post saying how stupid this all is. It is so subjective. Why are Chi O and Zeta even being compared to each other? They are both so unique. Not better or worse than each other, but different. Chi O's don't even care about this stuff, and that is what makes them so respectable. And Zeta is still establishing itself and not even trying to compete with Chi O. They rush completely different girls. No one at Vandy is as obsessed as GR makes it seem.

By: Seriously @stop?
by: nope   

To all the people saying that 'rank' doesn't matter at Vandy, I have a question: Why did so many people drop out of rush if they didn't get a certain house? I agree we have great houses across the board but I am still trying to understand why so many people just dropped. Ideas?

By: nope
by: hey @nope   

Some reasons:

1. Some actually bought into the bs and were afraid of scarlet letters that don't really exist.

2. Some were blacklisted.

3. Some fell through the cracks.

4. Some just changed their minds.

By: hey @nope
#3by:    

@nope I dropped because I legitimately didn't feel as though the options I had were a fit for me - why pay thousands of dollars to be part of a group that you aren't comfortable in? I wasn't set on a particular house, but I found some I fit well in so settling didn't feel right.

By: Because
by: but   

This isn't meant to be sarcastic, but did you accept a bid and try it for a couple of weeks? Or did you assume you wouldn't fit based on tent talk and a few rounds? It's hard to make a true "fit" argument if you drop during rounds. A pc can really make a difference. If you're truly open minded, next year might be better. If you're not, next year might be worse. Of course there's also more to vandy then greek life if you stay independent.

By: but
by: I bet   

She dropped because she probably only wanted to be in one of the top four houses

Theta, Kappa, Tri Delt, KD

By: I bet
by: lol   

ok KD ^

By: lol
#4by:    

This is a good thread because the whole thing about rankings on greek rank is sometimes just made up due to self-ranking. If you want to really determine the most "popular" sororities then look at return rates. Kappa, KD, Pi Phi, Theta, Tri Delt (alpha order) have the highest return rates. Only one of these houses got most of the girl on the top of their "lists", so whole notion of ranking them further seems kind of pointless unless it is also based on something else like sisterhood and satisfaction (retention rates), involvement, etc.

By: Ok
#5by:    

It seems that sorority rankings at the top will never change regardless of pledge classes. If Kappa and Theta are considered the top two why is it that KD seems to always be in the so called 5th spot if they got pledges going Kappa and Theta this year. Tri Delt and Pi Phi are similar this year yet Pi Phi always gets the so callled 4th place over KD even if they are similar to a house ranked lower than Kappa and Theta. Does pledge class really matter in rankings?

By: Why
#6by:    

How is chi o still middle tier?? They literally only take super religious girls who judge others for not being religious. I know so many girls who dropped chi o because they felt pressured and judged by their "sister".

By: what

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
by: let it go   

Just enjoy your own letters. You're judging a sorority that you say judges others. The point of rush is to find your best fit. Chi Os do their own thing and so should you. This is why trying to rank is dumb. It's so subjective.

By: let it go

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.