facebook

grades?

by:    

As someone who is trying to figure out why she got cut so badly (even by "lower tier" houses, which would have been fine), I am wondering how much grades come into play if you are above the cut offs. I had a 3.3 GPA. My GC said it didn't matter as long it was above the cut off, but others have said it does matter. I thought I had good conversations and I am friendly and social (I think at least) and not unattractive or heavy. But at pref I was left with only the one house I really didn't click with (I never dropped any house until pref night when I dropped out). Trying to figure out what went wrong. I really thought that as long as I was open to some of the bottom tier sororities I would find a home. Seems like others had a similar experience.

Posted By: Wondering
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

Sorry! Never really know, I don't think that GPA would be a deciding factor

By: Aww

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
by: Yes   

3.3 is not really that low.

By: Yes
#2by:    

Sounds like grades probably weren't a factor. Seems like you really weren't open and have only yourself to blame since you dropped. Perhaps your shallowness was apparent enough to get you cut by most sororities. If you are looking for sympathy on this site where most of the posting is about ranking pledge classes, I'm thinking you may have come to the wrong place. Time to grow up, little snowflake. This too shall pass. Until then, fetch wood, carry water, walk the earth.

By: Reality
by: remember   

I have to agree that if you didn't attend your one pref party you made a mistake. You were only open to some of the bottom homes, and all of the homes here are terrific.

Here's a hint at what may have gone wrong at the homes from which you were cut: Sorority women are sometimes clever in garnering information from pnms. Did you accidentally let it slip conversationally at house ABC you felt most at home in house GHI, or that your very best friend from home belonged to LMN at Vandy? When you looked at photos in house XYZ, did their pics of trips to Paris make you say you only WISHED you could afford a trip to Paris? Little conversational slips of the tongue can be a signal to sorority members that you would not be a good candidate for their membership. Asking sorority women which frats they like to party with is a no-no, too.

Recruitment is delicate and tricky in the best of circumstances, and you chose to remove yourself. Perhaps as you get to know more sorority women before next recruitment you will understand a bit more what it is you have to offer and what they need and require of members.

By: remember
#3by:    

Don't think too hard it honestly makes no sense

By: L
#4by:    

Some people honestly do slip through the cracks. I'd recommend just trying to meet as many people as possible and trying again. That one bottom house might really be the place for you, maybe not, but just be open to it.

By: lol

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.