facebook

what happened with rush?

by:    

Today I got my schedule back and only had AOPi and not in a mean way, but I dont fit in their at all. I've also talked to mulitple girls who didn't get asked back to ones they seemed to be a good fit in and SO many girls have dropped. Is it normal to have this many girls drop/ be unhappy with their options? Also the first round of rush, I was only dropped by zeta and chi o....

Posted By: Confused
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

The same thing happened to me but yesterday... i've also heard of others with similar stories. don't really know what happened as i don't have any GPA problems and had good convos. panhel didn't have much advice about this at all.

By: fresh

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
by: Confused   

I wonder if it is typical for this many girls to drop/ sorta get screwed over. Also a lot of the girls are really cool and genuine nice people so I don't think it was like a bad personality that did anything. Also one even had a 3.92!

By: Confused
#2by:    

Same thing happened to me :/ and similar things happened to a lot of other people I know

By: Also Confused
#3by:    

The exact same thing happened to me! I'm pretty bummed about it but you have to remember that you still have next year, and you definitely shouldn't have to stay somewhere that's not a good fit.

By: Fresh
#4by:    

Same thing happened to all of my friends and basically everyone I know. Does this happen every year?

By: Wuash
#5by:    

If you dropped out when you had options left, then it's probably not going to happen for you. If you had unrealistic expectations, then welcome to real life. The bad news is you aren't going to be Greek. The good news is that being Greek isn't everything. Good luck.

By: Life lessons
by: Not sure about that    

I don't know about that. A lot of girls definitely deserved higher up tiers than they got...

By: Not sure about that
by: Well   

The issue is not everyone can be in the houses they want based on sheer numbers. Even if you are cute, have the GPA and not completely awkward you can end up in a house you didn't necessarily want. That's why networking before rush is so crucial. Honestly though, try out the house you end up with. You'd be surprised with some of the girls you find within different houses.

By: Well
by: Oh I'm sure ;)   

Not everyone can make it into the "top" tiers so very few that don't take the opportunity to join this year will end up Greek at Vanderbilt. Next year's focus will be on freshmen. That's just the way it is. Life goes on.

By: Oh I'm sure ;)
by: Sophomore rush   

All my friends are doing well, so will I be fine? Not like Kappa or theta but a lot are tridelt so could I possibly rush tridelt if all my friends are in it?

By: Sophomore rush
by: Honestly   

The top tiers stay about the same when it comes to competitiveness to get in because they get most of the really good transfers. If you're a sophomore that knows a lot of girls in a certain middle tier house that gets easier during sophomore rush but even then things can go not in your favor.

By: Honestly
#6by:    

Some of the girls that you think are automatic "top tiers" were probably black listed. This year, sororities didn't screw around with black listing girls for things that previously that wouldn't have been black listed for. It's nothing too personal, but Vandy is coming down hard on Greek life so they can't risk taking girls that could get them in trouble so no matter how cool, pretty, whatever the girls are, if they are a risk to the sorority, they were probably cut...

By: Blacklisting Truth
by: That's what   

Yep.. pretty much.

By: That's what

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.