facebook

sophomore sorority rush

by:    

I am in the process of going through rush and have found myself left with only one house, one that I don't see myself in at all. I am probably going to drop, but I am wondering if my chances would be any better in the fall or next spring. I'm not sure I really feel the need to do Greek life at all, but I'm trying to figure out if it would be worth trying again in the future or if I'm likely to get the same result. For context, I was asked back to some middle and bottom tier houses in the second round and a middle and bottom tier one in the third round. I feel as though I am a likeable and fairly attractive person, and I felt my conversations went well at several houses I was eventually dropped from, so I am sort of confused with my result.

Posted By: Freshman Girl
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

There's a lot of us in the same boat! Don't worry you're not alone in this. My gamma chi said there's no stigma around rushing as a sophomore but don't know how accurate this is in practice and if it would result in the same outcome.

By: drop
#2by:    

Sophomore rush tends to be different because your friends from freshman year have mostly joined sororities already. So they can advocate for you during the sophomore rush process (this happens a lot with chi o especially).
It's also important to remember that this website isn't always reflective of overall campus opinions. There are some cool girls in axo and adpi (and a very small number of them in aoii) and ending up with a bid to one of these sororities isn't a reflection on your attractiveness or likability.

By: greek girl
#3by:    

Go to the preference party of the chapter you have left. You are under no obligation to sign a bid card. Look at the other PNM's in line with you. One good or bad pledge class can change a chapter. That goes for ALL the chapters.

By: Go to pref

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
#4by:    

Lol

By: Kkkk

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.