facebook

advice for rushing freshmen

by: adown

What advice to current sorority girls have for freshmen rushing in january? Not the cheesy "be yourself" advice, but the real stuff?

Posted By: adown
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Secret Sister   

Think about what houses are options for you. Tri delt, kappa, and theta are very clear with girls during first semester if they are proper material. So if you haven't received any hints, then you probably aren't going to end up in those houses. If you are not a regular church goer, Chi O will most likely not take you. You need to have made a mark on the party scene to get on pi phi's radar. If you don't meet any of those criteria, you are down to ADPi, AOII, AXO, KD, and Zeta. I hope this gives you some idea of where you stand. This is very much a realistic way to approach rush.

By: Secret Sister
by: Bumping thisDec 6, 2016 12:18:13 AM

This is so accurate and I wish somebody had told me this before I rushed.
I will say that Chi O puts a lot more weight on knowing sisters before rush than on any specific religion, so if you're in Navs or RUF you'll have a good chance of getting a bid but just going to church/a smaller christian org won't necessarily help you. And if you don't go to church at all but are involved in other organizations like VSG you'll probably know some Chi Os and that'll help you out more than going to church would.
Also, KD tries to attract a lot of the same girls during the first semester that tri delt, kappa, theta, and especially pi phi do, they just tend not to be as successful at it. So still be prepared for KD to cut you if you don't go out or have some connections going into rush.

By: Bumping this

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.