facebook

don't listen to the trolls

by: actual sorority girl

There's been an unusual number of trolls on this website recently who've been spreading rumors and lies about the rush process. To PNMs, you'll be fine if you don't have recs or don't know anybody in a sorority going in. If you really don't know anybody, you should probably mentally prepare yourself to be dropped by some sororities (esp. theta and chi o) that place a lot of weight on previous connections. BUT you will still have a good chance of getting invited back to a lot of places and getting the bid that you want, as long as you aren't openly rude and don't talk about drinking/boys/politics/whatever else you aren't supposed to talk about in rush. Basically sorority girls aren't as malicious as a lot of trolls are pretending we are, and rush really isn't that scary.

Posted By: actual sorority girl
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: andrea   

So says a person from a 'lower tier' house. Believe the good advice that has been posted here. Pollyanna's like actual sorority girl are simply trying to lead you down the garden path before cutting you in round 1. Believe her at your own peril!

By: andrea
#2  by: andrea   

Back again. LOL k, lets compare notes after recruitment is done and see who is giving 'good' advice! I don't see how leading people down the garden path to believing 'that everything will be ok' does anyone any good. Senseless dishonest drivel being spewed by a bunch of know nothings in lower tier houses. Total nonsense.

by: heyNov 29, 2016 1:54:52 AM

Dude, what's wrong with you? Chill out

By: hey
by: andreaDec 11, 2016 12:54:33 AM

I am totally chill and simply trying to provide another perspective to what I am calling the 'leading sheep to slaughter' approach being advocated on so many of these threads. I simply don't get why people can't be honest and say meet as many people in the system as you can first semester and then put a plan in place to find the house where you will feel most comfortable. The person that stated only 30% of the pnms will end up in the 'top 3' is really misleading people as that stat implies that its an open process for all. The reality is that for the most part lists are now done and really don't change that much. When I say lists don't change that much I'm saying maybe by 1-2 people. I believe there is a house for most people that want a house. I'm just not sure most people really understand the process and so set unrealistic expectations and are hurt unnecessarily. It would be an interesting math process to put a probability on a place in the 'top 3'. Without doing the math though my guess is that its a low probability for most. I don't think this is at all a bad thing. I just think it is what it is and I think its better for people to understand the environment they are operating within in a realistic way.

#3  by: chilld   

Not sure recruitment is the time to chill out. Its a bit like the total opposite of chilled out. So, not sure what you are talking about 'hey'?

By: chilld
by: ehDec 4, 2016 11:11:51 PM

pretty sure they're talking about the aggressive anonymous posts on GR and not during recruitment itself

By: eh

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.