facebook

transgender female

by:    

I am a transgender female and I would like to go through recruitment. How welcome do you think I would be here at Vandy? I have already lost my roommate which has been a trauma. Not sure what to think so would appreciate some help. Thanks

Posted By: suzan
Page 2 of 2
#11by:    

peeps who's mental identity does not match their body need help, not jokes or rudeness. they also don't need for us to pretend the mental identity can be more important than what they are physically.

get help. don't pretend.

By: mmmm
#12by:    

Other schools have tried to deal with this issue with very MIXED results. The nationals seem to have their heads in the sand as as far as I can tell looking at the by laws of the 'big 5' sorority's there is no specific language dealing with transgender individuals. The AOII Tufts situation was handled quite poorly and only seemed to get some clarity from nationals at the point the story became national news. If you google the issue (transgender and recruitment) you will see some of the unfortunate things that have happened over the past couple of years. My house is still trying to deal with LGB issues let alone LGB &T issues. Need some leadership someplace, but not sure where to find it?

By: in

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
by: mirrors   

LOOK

By: mirrors
by: @lb   

There is either an AI bot or an actual person (still not sure which) making similar posts all over Greekrank regarding LGBT issues. The posts read pretty much the same, but are on lots of different GR school sites. Not sure why the poster has suddenly begun with the safe space issue unless the AI bot has been programmed too far off-topic.

By: @lb
by: nan   

You don't think we should have a safe spaces option for recruitment? I actually think it would be welcomed by all the hyperventilating PNMs. But kudos to AXO for attempting to at least think about the issues which are admittedly complex. Issue is though that at a number of campuses AXO is now considered an 'alternative' queerk house which might be ok because it is serving a portion of the population.

By: nan
#13by:    

The AOII thing at Tufts was ridiculous but I think nationals is trying because our whole chapter at least got a survey from nationals on transgender members and how we feel about them/whether we'd want the rules to allow them, so I think they're open to change.

I know our chapter personally would welcome a transgender member, and I think we've had enough issues with headquarters and so many girls who feel very strongly about these issues that the chapter would be down to fight for the person in question.

By: aoii sister
by: what   

Umm I am also an AOII and received no such survey, so... But I am one of those girls kept on the fringe because I am hotter and will speak my mind.

By: what
by: Lol   

An AOPi that's hotter? Hotter than what? Hahaha

By: Lol
#14by:    

HQ announced anyone that identifies as a woman is welcome in Alpha Chi. <3

By: axo
by: DG and Kappa   

Delta Gamma and Kappa Kappa Gamma nationals also adopted this policy. I think they did this before AXO did.

By: DG and Kappa
by: Please    

Kappa is now going to go downhill because of their policy. Frat guys don't want to encounter that when they think they are hanging out with females. These people need help. Y'all who just accept this behavior and think the answer is to keep making more rules to accommodate deviant life styles aren't helping the situation.

By: Please
by: well   

Nobody is forced to take a trans girl if her personality doesn't fit with the house. The only change is that it's no longer acceptable to drop a girl just because she's trans.

By: well
by: Pnm   

I'm an incoming freshman and I love the fact that Kappa and AXO are open about that. I can't wait to meet girls in those houses.

By: Pnm
#15by:    

Did you feel welcome anywhere?

By: Curious

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.